Actually low carbing?

Do you actually do low carb (<130g a day)

• Yes

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 6 months I have been around 80g a day, I do have the odd day where I will go over the 100g mark. I feel much better since I started doing lower carbs and my BG control is the best it has ever been.

Usually around 150-200g. Although yesterday on the Pedal for 7 I must have had a lot more than that although didn't bolus for most of them. Forget the low carb rubbish in endurance sports. Carbs for fuel #properT1.
Im the same when doing distance walks, need the extra carbs to complete a 26.2 mile walk.

For me let's say variable and not quite as disaplined as some. Though lower now than when diagnosed (and the first year after).

I have dropped down to 40 gm per day from the 50 which got me into normal figures - I am trying to lose more fat.

Carbohydrate awareness? What a misnomer. There are no essential carbs and no need to eat any at all. I like having salads and roasted low carb veges, so I do.

I'm looking at reducing my carbs, lots of conflicting info (diagnosed T1 in December so still learning)
I've only got a bit of an idea about insulin. I believe you've to balance your food with your insultin. Remember to watch for hypo's.

Not super-low. Typically about 100g.

Same here. 🙂 I make sure I have enough protein and healthy fats too, not just mountains of veg (although I do eat a lot of plant-matter - I’m the Queen of Salads LOL).😛

Oddly, if I have less than 3 units of insulin for a meal, the insulin isn’t as effective, so my current ICR for each meal dictates the amount of carb...at the mo (things can change!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back