ACCU-CHEK? FlexLink Plus infusion sets Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilentAssassin1642 , you dont have to they do a device that inserts the flexi link too they sent me one with the old cannulas ,it is a bit old looking to the flexi link plus device but its worth it if you dont like inserting manually

problem being im never at home to get parcels, so not much point in me ordering something only for the post office to send it back :/ The recall shouldn't last for long, so I can put up with it. Its not so bad once you've done it once or twice, takes me a whikel to get the strength to do it but meh

Rouche is quite happy to deliver your parcel to a place of your choice, either work or another residental address as long as somebody is able to sign for it! If your employer isn't very forth coming about having personal items posted to work for you, perhaps your partners company might be more accomandating!

Flexilink and Tenderlinks (latter not the angled ones) do have an inserter that you can have, it's a bit of a bulky thing though to carry around, so have a word with Rouche/DSN about this..

Or perhaps have a look at different manufacturers that use the lunar connector system as these will fit the Spirit Combo, again ask your DSN about these..

I actually use the tenderlink angled sets, and do self insert which I haven't found a problem with doing this, I feel that I am more in control with my insertion process I've little to no fat layer to insert so able to angle them a lot better, so fair in the 3 years I've been using the tenderlink I've not had one kinked cannular, I've had next to zero problems with the tenderlink which I sure wouldn't be the case if I used the inserter...

Ellie i also use tenderlink, self insertion cannulas. So far i have never had a kinked or bent cannula either.

The only problem i sometimes find is if i exercise hard they can get a bit of blood in cannula. I used to remove immediately but have found a small prime seems to work fine. Not saying that they should not be removed but just saying they are fine when i have done this. Obviously i have tested etc.

I seem to have had a load of kinked cannulas compared to you guys?! :confused: Not sure if that's down to the design problem or my wrecked mummy tummy though?! :confused: Guess I'll need to try the standard flexlinks to see - I had more or less just concluded that it was just inevitable to get the odd kinked cannula - it's really encouraging to see it might not be! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back