about to cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
erm...that was back in...september/october ish? not entirely sure

Make that call, best be tomorrow, otherwise they will be off for new year, so it won't be until Monday when you can talk to them...

Make that call, best be tomorrow, otherwise they will be off for new year, so it won't be until Monday when you can talk to them...

how would i go about changing it though? Its been YEARS since i changed insulins and mum did it for me then. Will I have to talk to doctor man aswell?

how would i go about changing it though? Its been YEARS since i changed insulins and mum did it for me then. Will I have to talk to doctor man aswell?

Nope, all down to the DSN at the hospital - interestingly they want to discuss me going the other way on the 5th Jan... they seem to think basal isn't such an issue to adjust too, and bolus is a 1:1 conversion 🙄

Time will tell, but they will take you through it. You're going to the hospital nurse and not your GP's right?

Have a good cry if you need it,it will help relieve some of the stress.

Can't offer much in th way of advice. I think part of the reason may be the Christmas break and we are less active. Not sure how it affects those in insulin, but as a type 2 on pills I have to make an effort to be more active when I am away from work or I know the sugars will be higher than they should.

I hope you feel better soon and the numbers are comming down.

Hi Sam My levels have been all over the place over Christmas, I think it is due to doing less exercise - I normally walk about 4 miles a day going to work and back. Could this be the case for you too. Do you inject before of after eating. I get huge spikes if I inject after eating (from 6 up to 18ish in a couple of hours, then back to where it should be) so I am trying to inject about 10 minutes before eating. This is a complete pain on the carb counting front but it is helping reduce the spikes a bit.

Hope you get things sorted out soon.

Hi Salmonpuff, I had to change my vial over Christmas as was having the same problem. After about 10 u of humalog I was still 17.8 - ridiculous. After 2 days of messing about I chucked the vial away and started a new one - much better! I reckon that the whole house has been warmer as we've been in more and even the kitchen has been super warm with the cooking - hence the insulin packed up.

But like you I am also on Lantus and find a massive difference even with an adjustment of 1 unit. It's a pain in the rear isn't it? Good luck with your appt. Let us all know how you get on, and if you do change insulin I'd be interested to know if it works.

All the best, Karen.

Hi Salmonpuff, I had to change my vial over Christmas as was having the same problem. After about 10 u of humalog I was still 17.8 - ridiculous. After 2 days of messing about I chucked the vial away and started a new one - much better! I reckon that the whole house has been warmer as we've been in more and even the kitchen has been super warm with the cooking - hence the insulin packed up.

But like you I am also on Lantus and find a massive difference even with an adjustment of 1 unit. It's a pain in the rear isn't it? Good luck with your appt. Let us all know how you get on, and if you do change insulin I'd be interested to know if it works.

All the best, Karen.

Just a thought, but on the carb counting course I was on, someone was saying that they thought their chemist wasn't storing their insulin in the fridge before they picked it up so perhaps you had no chance from the moment you picked the batch up? :(

Also I was on Lantus and am now on a split dose of levemir, but I have a pen which will do 0.5 units dosage. Could you get one like that for lantus? It might just solve the problem.

Good luck. 🙂

wouldnt surprise me about it not being kept in the fridge tbh. Next time i go to boots Ill be bringing it up!

I didnt phone the dsn today, it totally slipped my mind with everything else. But soon as the new year is over I'll be back on the case! Sounds like a new basal might be an option and I will definitely be getting more on the case of a pump

Just corrected a 15, but I am drinking beer tonight. I hope to god i dont shoot through the roof again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back