about to cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
sugars up at 20.2 AGAIN
This has happened too much in the past few days and I just don't understand why. 2 hours after dinner I was 14. That was 2 hours ago and I corrected that so HOW AM I THAT HIGH??????????????????

Why does this keep happening? I had pie for dinner, but that NEVER affects me like that. NEVER!

I really really really hate this. I just cannot get it right at the moment. Nothing I do with it goes right AT ALL.

I thought my feet were kicking up a stink with the horrible pains in my toes. They haven't hurt for WEEKS, not even when i had those highs the other day. WHY? WHY? WHY?

I want to bang my head against a brick bloody wall
😡:(

sugars up at 20.2 AGAIN
This has happened too much in the past few days and I just don't understand why. 2 hours after dinner I was 14. That was 2 hours ago and I corrected that so HOW AM I THAT HIGH??????????????????

Why does this keep happening? I had pie for dinner, but that NEVER affects me like that. NEVER!

I really really really hate this. I just cannot get it right at the moment. Nothing I do with it goes right AT ALL.

I thought my feet were kicking up a stink with the horrible pains in my toes. They haven't hurt for WEEKS, not even when i had those highs the other day. WHY? WHY? WHY?

I want to bang my head against a brick bloody wall
😡:(

sam i cant help with what to do but BIGGEST HUGS comming down M3 to you NOW ...they should be with you by the time you get this post...hang on in there hun XXXX

Sam, you need a pump. Have you checked ketones? I know it feels awful when your this high - but its not your fault - this is just data to be used to alter something that has caused it. Try not to blame yourself and start kicking up a fuss for the pump! HUGS.🙂Bev

p.s. Is your insulin in date?

whomever is stalling about giving you a pump should come along and see what you have to go through with all your hishs , i do hope it sorts itself for you sam and all i can do it what am has done massive hugsss for you xxxxxxxxxxx

Sam, you need a pump. Have you checked ketones? I know it feels awful when your this high - but its not your fault - this is just data to be used to alter something that has caused it. Try not to blame yourself and start kicking up a fuss for the pump! HUGS.🙂Bev

p.s. Is your insulin in date?

no i havent done ketones, i dont need the loo :(
I'm phoning my nurse next week to hassle about a pump
Things just are turning to crap d wise again :(
and yep, new box. Maybe I should try changing the vial though

Thanks hun *hugs*

That is rubbish Sam, hope you get back down sharpish.

What were you before you ate? How much did you inject?

Do you have issues with lumps on injection sites, reading a couple of threads recently maybe your injection hasn't made it in to you system, sorry to say this don't mean to speak out of turn as I know you've done this more than me, just crossed my mind!??

Take care

Rossi

no i havent done ketones, i dont need the loo :(
I'm phoning my nurse next week to hassle about a pump
Things just are turning to crap d wise again :(
and yep, new box. Maybe I should try changing the vial though

Thanks hun *hugs*

Sam, have you got a blood ketone meter? If not, why not? You need an Optium Exceed - far more accurate than pee sticks (as A calls them!) - get one from your DSN tomorrow. Also, you should be drinking lots of water - so you will be needing the loo! lol:DBev x

Sam, have you got a blood ketone meter? If not, why not? You need an Optium Exceed - far more accurate than pee sticks (as A calls them!) - get one from your DSN tomorrow. Also, you should be drinking lots of water - so you will be needing the loo! lol:DBev x

nope, no blood ketone meter. Thats an idea, i think i'll definitely give nursey a call tomorrow and see about one!

That is rubbish Sam, hope you get back down sharpish.

What were you before you ate? How much did you inject?

Do you have issues with lumps on injection sites, reading a couple of threads recently maybe your injection hasn't made it in to you system, sorry to say this don't mean to speak out of turn as I know you've done this more than me, just crossed my mind!??

Take care

Rossi

I was er...8.something before eating. Had 14u which really should have been too much!

Erm, lumpy bits lol. Ive recently moved my injection sites due to 'lumpy bits' though im still running out of options. Do novorapid in my tummy and lantus in the rear end lol. Wont use legs atm as theyre a bit of a funny shape. Running out of spots on my tummy so am kind of running out of places to do my NR and flat out refuse to use my arms, hurts too much :(

8.4 now

much better

still annoyed though 😡 seriously, soon as the proff guy is back at the clinic (7th) I'm really getting to hassle them about a pump. This is just stupid now. I am so so so so fed up of all these highs even though i'm doing all the right things to stop them.

STUPID DIABETES *shakes fist*

what did you do to get them down? or was it just a matter of waiting for the 14 units to kick in?
Glad you're back down in a quickish time Sam, sleep well if you can!

8.4 now

much better

still annoyed though 😡 seriously, soon as the proff guy is back at the clinic (7th) I'm really getting to hassle them about a pump. This is just stupid now. I am so so so so fed up of all these highs even though i'm doing all the right things to stop them.

STUPID DIABETES *shakes fist*

good on you sam we are all firmly behind you , this has being on to long you need someone to sit up and listen to you ASAP

good luck for the 7th xxxx

rossi i had 6u of novorapid and that was about ten minutes before i posted i think.

Could be another case of rage-bolusing........

Thanks steff 🙂 They will be hassled like theyve never been hassled before!

Legs wise, the only areas I can use are on the hips, the other main area I use are the inner thighs, close to the groin.

Otherwise, my legs are out of bounds, arm wise it's the same no options, fortunately my stomach as a huge blank'ish canvas!

If you inject in the same areas often enough then you get problems with absorption.

I commented on another post earlier on about some specific infusion sets, that you can leave in for 4-5 days and do all injections in this one area.

They used to be private only and not very cheap, I used to use them every so often especially if I was going through a phase of bruising. I only posted the details earlier on. But they might be worth a try - Here you are Sam! http://www.applied-medical.co.uk/insuflon.shtml

Ask your DSN she might be able to get them?

Hope things settle down soon for you.

Just one other point - have you tried a different batch of Novarapid? Just in case that cartridge is dud - I did once find a split in the glass and when I injected the insulin wasn't going into me, but was leaking out, so 10 units I only got 5 maybe??

Last edited:
Legs wise, the only areas I can use are on the hips, the other main area I use are the inner thighs, close to the groin.

Otherwise, my legs are out of bounds, arm wise it's the same no options, fortunately my stomach as a huge blank'ish canvas!

If you inject in the same areas often enough then you get problems with absorption.

I commented on another post earlier on about some specific infusion sets, that you can leave in for 4-5 days and do all injections in this one area.

They used to be private only and not very cheap, I used to use them every so often especially if I was going through a phase of bruising. I only posted the details earlier on. But they might be worth a try - I'll try and find the link again.

Hope things settle down soon for you.

Just one other point - have you tried a different batch of Novarapid? Just in case that cartridge is dud - I did once find a split in the glass and when I injected the insulin wasn't going into me, but was leaking out, so 10 units I only got 5 maybe??

thanks 🙂 Im definitely going to change the vial in the morning. Just incase.

Also going to have to keep another close eye on things before bed incase i drop like a stone like i did the other night 😡

thanks 🙂 Im definitely going to change the vial in the morning. Just incase.

Also going to have to keep another close eye on things before bed incase i drop like a stone like i did the other night 😡

Don't envy you night time hypos - oooh no... disorientating or what? 😱

Don't envy you night time hypos - oooh no... disorientating or what? 😱

its more the fact that i dont wake up for them...which is annoying. Last time i woke up from a night time hypo was about 6 months ago and i only woke up cuz of a super scary dream about a hypo 😱 Nowadays I tend to hypo in the night and then wake up super high. Stupid liver dumps, dp whatever the hell it is.

I seem to have a major problem with lantus. No matter what I do with it, I wont wake up on normal levels. It's either super high or super low :confused: and thats even adjusting in 1 unit increments. The differences between 16 and 17u is amazing!

its more the fact that i dont wake up for them...which is annoying. Last time i woke up from a night time hypo was about 6 months ago and i only woke up cuz of a super scary dream about a hypo 😱 Nowadays I tend to hypo in the night and then wake up super high. Stupid liver dumps, dp whatever the hell it is.

I seem to have a major problem with lantus. No matter what I do with it, I wont wake up on normal levels. It's either super high or super low :confused: and thats even adjusting in 1 unit increments. The differences between 16 and 17u is amazing!

They want to change me back to lantus to make injecting easier, but I had all manner of problems on it last time, one minute eating the stuff (ok drinking I guess) the next fastings way too low. So they switched me to Levemir on a split dose.

It's been fantastic. I've been very stable with my fastings. I'd certainly suggest you enquire about it.

again, definitely something to suggest. I'll hopefully be having a chat with the DSN over the next few days anyways, she suggested levemir when i went to see her the first time round, but said to wait and see how 17u would work out on lantus

again, definitely something to suggest. I'll hopefully be having a chat with the DSN over the next few days anyways, she suggested levemir when i went to see her the first time round, but said to wait and see how 17u would work out on lantus

When was that? Time to change perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back