About Lancets and 'looking like a diabetic'

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was taken before I was told about using the sides of my fingers (yes, I know after 14 years I should have known, but I didn't because my care team were idiots)

Now they look much better :D I can barely see the dots - i thank that lush stuff "I snap the whip" for that

I use the middle of my finger to, Mine aren't that bad even tho i use the highest (harshest drill and kill your finger) setting but i can't use the side as it kills! Actually brings tears to my eyes 😱, i just keep forgetting to use the right hand lol

2ivnxnp.jpg

This was taken a while back. My fingers are worse now as I am testing so much, and because I play the cello, I cant use my lefthand much otherwise it hurts on the strings

433662258_babc90f33f.jpg

I cant do it the sides of my fingers it hurts way too much :(

You should realy try to use the sides, turn down the setting if it helps, you will get used to it. I was told never to use the tips as you can do damage for later in life etc. also told never to use thumbs and index fingers as we need these to pick things up etc, again all about the future and dexterity issues etc.

yep using the tips can lead to loss of sensation as it caused damage to the nerve endings. Shiv told me a story I think about the musician who invented alternative site testing because he only ever tested using his fingertips and lost all feeling in them

yep using the tips can lead to loss of sensation as it caused damage to the nerve endings. Shiv told me a story I think about the musician who invented alternative site testing because he only ever tested using his fingertips and lost all feeling in them

yeah, the alternative site tester (you know some machines come with another bit for the finger pricker) was invented by a pianist who lost the feelings in the tips of his fingers due to testing so often.

half the time I don't feel it and I use the same 2 fingers, I hardly ever swap hands and I have been testing for nearly 11 years... it's funny I was waiting at my DSN appt today and was looking at the little black marks on my fingers, and wondered if it makes any difference to our fingerprints??

Hey squidge.....yes it does make a difference to your fingerprints. I work for the Police (i know i know) and had the fun of doing fingerprint testing (i reckon its for the old fingerprint database - naughty lot).

Mine basically looked really funny compared to everyone else as it looked like white dots on the sheet where my fingerprints should have been. However, now its all done electronically in custody (if you're lucky enough to have a night or two at her Majesty's pleasure), but the principle is the same..just call me 'lofty fingers'!! :D

Bernie xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back