Abbott - Are They Always Awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found abbot customer service ok. I always got replacements from them. I find dexcom to be a better...for example they sent me a new sensor even though the reason for replacement was my own error in starting sensor before receiver
I meant before transmitter

I'd rate Abbott's customer service as very good. I've been using Libre sensors both the Libre1 and Libre2 for a few years and have had only about three sensors fail and after phoning I received replacements within a few days.

Maybe try Dexcom, might have better luck with it & customer services.
Another poor web site. 🙄

But having waded through it there's no free trial offer & the oldest G6, with large, separate transmitter is 50% more expensive that Libre 2 for a month. Oddly the newer "all-in-one" G7, that appears similar to Lbre 2, seems to be the same price as the old G6.

The One, that looks the same as the G6 (but maybe with less features?), can be had for roughly the same price as Libre 2 but only with a minimum three months supply (£299).

Why there isn't a straightforward comparison table of features & pricing is beyond me.

Last edited:
Yes, i had that too when i wanted to try out the dexcom...ended up with g6 as the g7 and dexcom one meant having to fork out for alargw supply

Just to round this off, Abbott have now rectified the duff phone number on their site. They still want to send me a free sensor but only if I give them the code they they sent me. Oh & they also want my name & address despite having entered it into the app & in three separate areas of the web site. I've requested account deletion & told them where they can insert their sensor... 😉

Just to round this off, Abbott have now rectified the duff phone number on their site. They still want to send me a free sensor but only if I give them the code they they sent me. Oh & they also want my name & address despite having entered it into the app & in three separate areas of the web site. I've requested account deletion & told them where they can insert their sensor... 😉
I presume replacement is a different pathway through their system so it's easier just to ask everyone for their address (I imagine many, perhaps most, people using Libre don't have an account since they get them on prescription). It would be nicer if they could use the account information for those who have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back