Abbott - Are They Always Awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBZ5416

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Despite all the posts about inaccurate readings, failing sensors & sensors falling off, I thought I'd have a go at the Libre 2 trial. But having been thwarted at every stage I've given up. Crap web site, code that doesn't work & no means to contact them.

Thanks, I tried this one which is invalid:
1680785486024.png
But I've lost the will now. Other options were email with a 3 day response time or a chat facility with no one home...

Edit

Last edited:
Number in my phone for Abbott is 0800 172 1177.

While since used it mind as have so few issues with libre 2, still worth trying to see if anyone picks up.

I've only ever used 0800 170 1177 and have never had any issues with getting to speak to anyone.

@RBZ5416 I think you have the phone number for Abbott in the Netherlands.
No wonder it is invalid if you try to call it from the UK.

Hi. I think you have been very unlucky. I've been using Libre 2 now for about 2 years and only had problems needing replacement about 3 times. I've never had a problem phoning them from the UK except the line can sometime be a bit quiet but the staff are always helpful and patient. I've never had any fall off or even come loose. Very occasionally they have been inaccurate. I've had 2 that just died during the 2 weeks

Well it's what's listed under the account page & the site says UK
Yes, you're right. Though it's not the number elsewhere on the site (for example under Support -> Contact), so I presume it's just a mistake. (They seem to have changed the website recently, so I guess this was copied from the Netherlands page and the number wasn't corrected.)

Hi please don’t waste your time emailing them as it takes too long for a response. I always call them and it’s a far quicker response.

Last edited:
Hi please don’t waste your time emailing them as it take a too long for a response. I always call them and it’s a far quicker response.
Reporting a bad sensor on their online form worked OK last time I tried (which was before the website redesign). I can believe a more random email wouldn't go anywhere quickly.

Yes, they are always awfull and extremely unreliable.

Having to call them is torture, by design to discourage people from asking for replacements. They don't follow their own rules or keep promises and no longer replace sensors either, because they are so unprofessional and unhelpfull.

It seems experience varies.
I had few failures but, when I did, I found the call centre responsive and reasonable.
It appeared to be located outside the UK so the responders had an accent but they were friendly, polite and easy to understand. The questions they asked were clearly from a script but satisfied my needs.
I have not called them for the last year so things may have changed. Although the phone number is the same.

I've always had a response to the 0700 170 1177 number and always had faulty sensors replaced. Each replacement can take up to 7 days, but more recently has been much quicker.

I found abbot customer service ok. I always got replacements from them. I find dexcom to be a better...for example they sent me a new sensor even though the reason for replacement was my own error in starting sensor before receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back