A whole year has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you feel, I went to the nurse for my 3 yearly smear and asked her to look at a couple of abcesses I had on my boob (sorry if that is tmi) she took one look at them and said "I am testing your bg levels I think you might be diabetic" and took a finger prick test that was borderline and HBA1C a week later and it was confirmed - I will be forever grateful her as I had no symptoms what so ever and if I had not shown her my abcesses I would be sitting here undiagnosed for who knows how long.

yep same as myself if i had of let it go on much longer gawd knows caz how id of been

Probably the absesses were not healing because of the diabetes, and if you hadn't have had them then they might not have picked up on the diabetes.

For me 10 years ago this time I was starting to feel the first signs of diabetes and by december I was waiting for an appoitnment at the hospital which led to my diagnosis.

Probably the absesses were not healing because of the diabetes, and if you hadn't have had them then they might not have picked up on the diabetes.

Think that is it exactly I had been at the doc in April and got antibiotics for the absesses which cleared them up then they reappeard (in a different place) so thought I would ask the nurse and think that was the clue for her.

the severity of mine meant i had to cut out the middle man (gp) and get str8 down the hosp, i could not sleep at night or carry shopping with left arm twas that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back