A little help explaining my diagnosis letter, please!

I am completely transparent about my past and have no reservations about discussing it openly. I am willing to provide detailed accounts to anyone interested, as I have nothing to hide.

Within the past two years alone, my daily alcohol consumption reached a minimum of 16 pints of Stella. On many occasions, I would even exceed this amount by getting another 8 pints. Initially, I had the intention of drinking only 4 pints and saving the remaining 4 for the next day, but this never materialized, as I'm sure some can relate to. It's almost comical how I would convince myself that it didn't matter how much I drank today because tomorrow would be the day I would quit.

I used to have several mental health issues, but most of them have disappeared since I started my recovery. I had major depressive disorder, but I am no longer depressed after more than a decade. I also had general anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, and I am currently being investigated for split personality disorder.
Unfortunately, even after attempting suicide and being in intensive care, mental health teams wouldn't help me because of my addiction.
Currently, I am receiving support from community mental health, Addenbrokes mental health, and another unit specifically for split personality disorder, which I will be visiting next month.
For the most part, my life is great, and I appreciate each day, but when I have anxiety attacks, I feel completely lost and suicidal. I also experience extreme mania during manic states.

It’s remarkable how much better life can be without alcohol. Even during my toughest times, I no longer feel tempted to reach for a drink. I've tried various antidepressants and antipsychotics in the past, but none of them worked, granted when combined with alcohol. Now, I'm considering mood stabilizers as a potential solution or hoping.

I have struggled with mental health issues, alcohol, and drug problems for many years. I’ve been alcohol-free for 9 months and drug-free for 5 years. I'm open to discussing my past experiences with anyone who needs support in these areas. Feel free to reach out if you have any specific concerns.

Are you on any meds for the diabetes? I see you had hypos - are you still having those now?

I just take metformin, no insulin anymore. i would say 97% of the time I'm fine, but I get the rare sugar drop and I feel ooof.

My sensor is normally 1.0 higher than my blood prick. i do live quite low. My diabetes team kinder moans and get on my case about being in range 100% of the time. but I have an addictive personality. so I focus on being in range.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721-071653.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721-071653.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240721-071643.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721-071643.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
Am i doing this wrong?

That’s just one graph you’ve posted there, 2nd pic, but if you can amble along like that, not going too low, I can’t see a problem with that. However, that’s presuming you’re eating well (well=an appropriate, nutritious diet for you as an individual).

Don’t be so hard on yourself about being in range 100% of the time. Although I get the urge to ‘beat the numbers’, focus on the more important things in life - especially as you’ve worked so very hard to escape your addictions.

I'm eating super healthily! i don't really treat myself anymore, but even if I do my BG doesn't even move. One more stone to go to make it 6, then I will have a massive cheesecake!!!

And thank you for the kind words

Im hoping they say its in remission next months meeting within a year!!!

I'm eating super healthily! i don't really treat myself anymore, but even if I do my BG doesn't even move. One more stone to go to make it 6, then I will have a massive cheesecake!!!

And thank you for the kind words

Im hoping they say its in remission next months meeting within a year!!!

Congrats on the progress you have made @ident and your weight loss.

And especially on being sober / clean.

Back