A bit of a drama...

Status
Not open for further replies.
22.5 now. I did change after I got the 23 so I cannot be bothered to change again.

Tom

i think it might be for a few people on here ...re simone waiting for a 1am test so good luck to you all xxx keep letting us know how its going x

23 at the moment. Got a 200% basal rate on. It's going to be a long night.

Tom

Wot about a injection to bring u down then you can alway reduce you basal. Im might be totally out of order saying this so sorry if I am, Im new to sharing ideas. Really feel for u. Im up till 1 am xx

Wot about a injection to bring u down then you can alway reduce you basal. Im might be totally out of order saying this so sorry if I am, Im new to sharing ideas. Really feel for u. Im up till 1 am xx

ha told you so...

Just done Harry bloods and he's now down to 5.1 70% 2hr basal. A long night for me aswell!! He should be 7.5-8.5 during night. R u down anymore Tom??

By 3am I'd got them down to 10. Put in another correction and by 9am I had an 8.6 so I put in another unit then went back to sleep. Got a 10 when I woke up again. I am still serisouly unamused by all this.

By 3am I'd got them down to 10. Put in another correction and by 9am I had an 8.6 so I put in another unit then went back to sleep. Got a 10 when I woke up again. I am still serisouly unamused by all this.

I'm not surprised Tom! I wonder what can have happened? It's obviously brought you down, but took an age to act! I think a discussion with your DSN is in order - is he available out of hours?

Tom, I do think you might be sickening for something because this is exactly what happens with Alex - 1 day of high levels and we change everything and try to rule things out - until we finally realise that he has something simple like a sore throat etc. I would do a TB of 150% for 4 or 5 hours today and see if this helps - if it does - then you are probably sickening for something.🙂Bev

Oh the joys. I've put on a temporary basal of 150% and I will give my nurse a call. That or my consultant. I cannot bloody stand being ill.

Tom

Hi Tom - only just picked up this thread, hope things have stayed more level today. Crappy horrible disease.

Sounds like such a nightmare tom, really puts me off ever having a pump when I read things like this. I hope your levels are a bit better this afternoon.I bet your feeling rough today (((hugs))) xx

I don't know what went wrong. My last BG was 7.0 and I've got a temporary basal of 175% on. I've also found my stash of crisps! Looks like I won't need to cook too much this evening.

I don't think it was the pump. The bloods are all doing what they would when I am ill so who knows? I for one don't.

Shame about this as it's made me feel a bit crappy and I've not done any of what I had planned to do today. Looks liek tonight could be filled with work.

Tom

The exact same thing happened to me on day 10 of pumping. I shot up from 5.6 to 28.8 in four hours. Did I keep calm and carry on? did I heck 😱 I gave a correction by injection, changed everything twice and tested like there was no tomorrow (at that point I din't think there would be!) there was absolutely no reason for it, no illness appeared and everything with the pump seemed ok.

It took a whole 36 hours for my BG to return to an acceptable level, but even then it wasn't really in my ideal target. My DSN was puzzled and I was confused and nervous.

I'm 18 days in now and my reading are all over the place, I've been allowed Sensors which I get on the 8th May in the hope they can pinpoint exactly whats going on inside me. Its a mammoth learning curve and its damned hard work, it consumes every waking minute and a large majority of my night time hours too. I've been testing every two hours day and night since day 1 and I'm exhausted.

I'm going to crack this, because I won't give this disease the satisfaction of beating me, I'm as stubborn as it is. But its not for the faint hearted.

I still haven't come up with a name for my pump, not one thats repeatable! She feels like a cyber pet at the mo, constantly beeping and requiring action and attention.

Heres hoping we will settle in to one another and become mates for life....

Keep at it Tom youre not the only one who wants to hand it back right now

Sue x

Hi Tom, not really got to know you as yet but do catch your posts to other people and see how supportive you are. Well just want send a little support your way for a change, and to say I do hope your feeling much betta this aftanoon, and your levels are lower now.

Try to take each day as it comes it will get better I'm sure, big hug from shirl x

Hi Tom (et al),

Sorry I have offered no support, Ive only just tuned into this one. Good to see the levels are down but I see the crap you have gone through with them and my heart goes out to you. Hope it doesnt cause anymore grief this weekend, I know it is hassle that you dont need.

Im still not getting the numbers that are desirable, I feel your frustration (and rainbow/Sue's) it such a pain. I wouldnt swap my pump for the world however, but I know the feeling of wanting to throw it out if the window sometimes. But I have often felt that with my novopens and on MDI. Dont be too hard on your pump- bad things will happen no matter what you use. You still have done exceptionally well in the short time you have been pumping.

Hugs from me too, and I am thinking positive thoughts for good numbers for you too!

Lou x

Hi Tom (et al),

Sorry I have offered no support, Ive only just tuned into this one. Good to see the levels are down but I see the crap you have gone through with them and my heart goes out to you. Hope it doesnt cause anymore grief this weekend, I know it is hassle that you dont need.

Im still not getting the numbers that are desirable, I feel your frustration (and rainbow/Sue's) it such a pain. I wouldnt swap my pump for the world however, but I know the feeling of wanting to throw it out if the window sometimes. But I have often felt that with my novopens and on MDI. Dont be too hard on your pump- bad things will happen no matter what you use. You still have done exceptionally well in the short time you have been pumping.

Hugs from me too, and I am thinking positive thoughts for good numbers for you too!

Lou x

Ditto above and (((((big hugs)))) - as Lou says, i can get this with MDI (9 times out of 10 due to me) but other times there is no rhyme or reason. Don't you just love it!!!!!

Hope today has been better for you

Bernie 🙂 xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back