75%?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same is true the other way around, if someone said his or her TIR has been 100% for years by now everybody would hate that person.

Far from hating them, would just see them as perhaps not being completely truthful & if anything would feel a bit sorry for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know the exact percentage you spend in like 4-10 range?

How do you know the exact percentage you spend in like 4-10 range?
From the CGM outputs, every 5 minutes on my Dexcom G7. So if my CGM is pretty close to actual (after the sensor algorithm has done its "stuff" adjusting for the lag between actual and interstitial) then the %s emerge as formal records!

View attachment 29196
We all got very different diseases eventhough they throw them all in the same type 1 pile.
What a brilliant graph!
I think we should stop judging those who have 'good' results, in the same way we don't judge those with 'poor' results.

Say someone felt they wanted to get fitter. If they asked for tips, you may suggest, oh, starting with a walk and increasing it every day. Calling them lazy would be considered wrong.
So why should you want to judge a marathon runner? Ok, the level of training may not be right for you. You may consider it excessive. They may have naturally long legs and find it easier than you would. But marathon runner is out there, doing there thang, and if someone asks how long they can run for, why shouldn't they be able to say?
Provided, of course, they don't bang on about it all the time!

I have the Libre 2, can that report it?

Can you not see your Time in Range on the Libre app/your receiver? I don’t remember exactly where it is but it’s pretty obvious. Do look at the info on the targets @everydayupsanddowns posted above. Some people get worryingly obsessed with their numbers and need to take a break from the Libre. Use it as a tool or something of interest rather than a stick to beat yourself with.

Can you not see your Time in Range on the Libre app/your receiver? I don’t remember exactly where it is but it’s pretty obvious. Do look at the info on the targets @everydayupsanddowns posted above. Some people get worryingly obsessed with their numbers and need to take a break from the Libre. Use it as a tool or something of interest rather than a stick to beat yourself with.

Oh, I found it! Only 33% in range. That's....bad. But to be fair, before the end of December it would have been 0% as I never had a BG reading below 19 before Dec 20th.

EDIT: oh and my average glucose have changed from 23.1 (last 90 days) to 11.9 (last 7 days)...I'm very happy with that

It’s not bad @Austin_98 No number is bad. They’re just numbers not judgements. As you say, your blood sugar has been high recently so that will skew your results. Remember too that even being a tiny bit over or under target will skew them too.

EDIT: oh and my average glucose have changed from 23.1 (last 90 days) to 11.9 (last 7 days)...I'm very happy with that

That’s an amazing improvement @Austin_98

You should feel very proud of what you’ve achieved.

As Arthur Ashe once said, “To achieve greatness: Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can”

Keep going!

It’s not bad @Austin_98 No number is bad. They’re just numbers not judgements. As you say, your blood sugar has been high recently so that will skew your results. Remember too that even being a tiny bit over or under target will skew them too.

Thanks. I guess the most recent average of 11.9 suggests I've probably only been a little high for most of that time. I remember one time all I ever got was "HI" 'cause it was above whatever the reader goes up to.

Thanks. I guess the most recent average of 11.9 suggests I've probably only been a little high for most of that time. I remember one time all I ever got was "HI" 'cause it was above whatever the reader goes up to.
That 11.9 suggests that you have improved your management already.
Well done. Keep going.

Nice to see you posting again @spell

70% Time In Range is an aspirational target for sure. NHS England Diabetes lead Partha Kar suggested in a tweet a while back that 50% was “keep working at it” and anything above that was pretty remarkable - see the Tweet shared here:

50- “Keep up the good work- let’s keep at it”
60- “Nailing it- carry on”
70 - “you absolute legend”
80- “stop it you absolute beast”
That’s about it

Increases in time in range can be more possible where people are able to access, and work with Hybrid Closed Loop insulin pumps - is that something you think might help you?
Yes and it is about improving and trends.

Before my pump I had a lot of TIR lower than 4 and higher than 14. Now I am 1% TIR under 4 and less in the higher section too. My overall TIR and HB1AC are down, I can't remember the data but this has reminded me to download/upload and share with my team ahead of my appointment.

Just great - in such a short time! Sounds very encouraging to me and I sincerely hope it has to you too. So - onwards and in this case, downwards!

Yes and it is about improving and trends.

Before my pump I had a lot of TIR lower than 4 and higher than 14. Now I am 1% TIR under 4 and less in the higher section too. My overall TIR and HB1AC are down, I can't remember the data but this has reminded me to download/upload and share with my team ahead of my appointment.

Hope it’s a good appointment @PhoebeC 🙂

Morning Austin you are doing really well with those results.
Type 3c can affect the Alpha cells which help with glucagon production so when BG drops lower they normally kick in to help prevent it going too low.
The Beta cells are the insulin producing ones so your Type 3c can be thought as more brittle ( more difficult to control) so please don’t be too hard on yourself.
Some research has indicated that the Alpha cells themselves can be helped in secreting insulin and just reiterates how complicated this whole area is and how the pancreatic cells are interlinked and interdependent.
So would not worry too much about trying to understand all the finite details but concentrate on what works well in terms of managing your diabetes.
You seem to be doing a great job so far so very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back