75%?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
90% over a 90 day period.

96% 3.9 -10 over 90 days

I'm at 71% over 90 days. (Slightly higher over shorter periods. I've been higher than that in the past, but I've been under a bit more stress than is usual.)

Who can actually achieve 75% in range. I thought I was doing well with 22%.

Nice to see you posting again @spell

70% Time In Range is an aspirational target for sure. NHS England Diabetes lead Partha Kar suggested in a tweet a while back that 50% was “keep working at it” and anything above that was pretty remarkable - see the Tweet shared here:

50- “Keep up the good work- let’s keep at it”
60- “Nailing it- carry on”
70 - “you absolute legend”
80- “stop it you absolute beast”
That’s about it

Increases in time in range can be more possible where people are able to access, and work with Hybrid Closed Loop insulin pumps - is that something you think might help you?

The people who post on here are a pretty skewed sample, generally tending toward the more motivated, to be honest.
And where you are is just a starting point

53% over the last fortnight for me.

Nobody posts bad results so the ones you see here are weighted towards the humblebrag end of things. If 22% is an improvement for you then that’s good.
do you reckon? a "bad" result is still a result. I post results sometimes that are "less than ideal" sometimes much less but thats just cos it's the result i've got. Posting only "good" results causes unrealistic expectations.

also "range" is individual. my range for instance is 3.9-8.0

7 days 61%
14 days 51%
30 days 48%
90 days 31%

you can tell xmas was a couple of months ago lol.

Nice to see you posting again @spell

70% Time In Range is an aspirational target for sure. NHS England Diabetes lead Partha Kar suggested in a tweet a while back that 50% was “keep working at it” and anything above that was pretty remarkable - see the Tweet shared here:

50- “Keep up the good work- let’s keep at it”
60- “Nailing it- carry on”
70 - “you absolute legend”
80- “stop it you absolute beast”
That’s about it

Increases in time in range can be more possible where people are able to access, and work with Hybrid Closed Loop insulin pumps - is that something you think might help you?
I am Getting a closed loop, some time in 2025 and apparently I am quite urgent! So wtf

Nobody posts bad results so the ones you see here are weighted towards the humblebrag end of things. If 22% is an improvement for you then that’s good.
Nobody likes giving others bad news, generally speaking. I think twice about posting a 17.5 result, to be honest.

I am Getting a closed loop, some time in 2025 and apparently I am quite urgent! So wtf

Not sure whereabouts you are in the U.K. but is there another hospital near you that could get you set up on a loop quicker? I was offered one a year or so ago and was told that if I accepted, it would be a few weeks till I got it. I did already have a loopable pump but no Dexcom or software.

Hi @spell time in range will vary greatly, and this can depend a lot
on what resources we have available to us.

What steps have you used to try to change your time in range?
It may be that the looping will help you as it makes micro adjustments to your basal insulin every few minutes. It still requires us to do the carb counting but is a big help to most.
Have they suggested any steps to take to help you in the meantime?

That's great news that it's on offer to you - but man! That's a frustrating wait :(

I wonder if @Inka is right and it might be worth seeing if you could speed things up elsewhere, but that might seem like too much hassle and faff?

HCL systems do work well to improve time in range, but work best when the wearer feeds them the information they need (carb values for meals etc). Some systems are more hands-off than others, so it might be worth looking at the available options to identify the one which appeals to you most. Additionally some are tubed and others tubeless, which may make a difference to you? There's one which only works on Android too - which again may be important to you.

Have your clinic said whether they need things like a carb counting course to be completed first? Or whether the delay is just down to the backlog and available staff for training etc?

Not sure whereabouts you are in the U.K. but is there another hospital near you that could get you set up on a loop quicker? I was offered one a year or so ago and was told that if I accepted, it would be a few weeks till I got it. I did already have a loopable pump but no Dexcom or software.
It all depends on how far ya second name starts down the alphabet, I'm pretty far down

All depends on the range you are working to of course. The narrower the target range the less time we will be in it.

Yes, that maybe a way to motivate oneself...start with a wide range, and when you are doing well at that make the range narrower

Nobody posts bad results so the ones you see here are weighted towards the humblebrag end of things.

The same is true the other way around, if someone said his or her TIR has been 100% for years by now everybody would hate that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back