Status
Not open for further replies.
I worried about that too when mucking around with my timings (morning... then briefly split morning and evening... then back to just morning) after 20 odd years of suppertime injections I expected a fair few missed doses. But in reality it all went very smoothly and it was much less bother than I'd thought. I think I was so concentrating on whether the 'new system' was working each time that I was operated less on autopilot. I'd say give it a go Northie. It completely transformed my overnight/waking levels.

It would be interesting to see how my levels 'shifted', must say I am curious! I think part of my problem at the moment (i.e. last night) is that I have not been exercising regularly lately. Yesterday I did a session on the exercise bike but didn't want to reduce my lantus as one unit would probably be too much to drop it by - on a pump I would probably have used a temporary basal for a few hours. I might bring this up at my review on Tuesday - wonder if they'll give me a pump! (Highly unlikely!)

I don't let Carly go to bed less than 7 as DSN adviced and she always have a warm milk at bedtime... but she was 3.1 this morning, she is fine again after 100ml orange juice

Well, I was 6.0 before bed last night so decided to see how things went without any extra carbs. Tested at 3 am and I was 5.5 and woke this morning to 5.8! That'll do me! 🙂

Well, I was 6.0 before bed last night so decided to see how things went without any extra carbs. Tested at 3 am and I was 5.5 and woke this morning to 5.8! That'll do me! 🙂

Brilliant numbers! Hope this makes you feel more confident on getting to sleep.

Brilliant numbers! Hope this makes you feel more confident on getting to sleep.

Thanks Tracey. I still get confused with feelings of sleep and hypo at night. Hopefully, my sleep will improve and I can sleep deeply - at the moment I think I'm too alert in the back of my mind to when I'm drifting off to sleep, am I hypo?. and it keeps me awake. Getting better though!

Thanks Tracey. I still get confused with feelings of sleep and hypo at night. Hopefully, my sleep will improve and I can sleep deeply - at the moment I think I'm too alert in the back of my mind to when I'm drifting off to sleep, am I hypo?. and it keeps me awake. Getting better though!

I'm at 5.3 now, going to be brave and just do my lantus then sleep. Hopefully no wake up calls during the night 🙂
Hope you're sleeps now improving Northy!

I'm at 5.3 now, going to be brave and just do my lantus then sleep. Hopefully no wake up calls during the night 🙂
Hope you're sleeps now improving Northy!

Funnily enough, I was 5.1 before bed last night, but I had a slice of peanut butter on toast. I woke to 6.8. Had to have more toast tonight as I am only 4.2!

Hope you get a good night's sleep and wake to the loveliest of levels! 🙂

Woke up to a 7.5 :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back