4th Hypo..

Without consulting the endo?

Yes unless recently diagnosed and/or uncertain what you’re doing. That’s what Type 1 is: trying to be your own pancreas and making fairly frequent adjustments to your insulin in order to try to get good control. This might mean basal changes due to weight, hormones, weather, illness, etc, or changes to meal ratios or correction doses.

Hope you are able to reduce the frequency of those dips into low glucose @Misunderstood

Do check with your Dr or DSN if you are unsure about adjusting your own doses. It can take a while to build-up confidence and experience, and you don’t want to lurch from one tricky situation to another 🙂

Without consulting the endo?
Most people are lucky if they see a consultant once a year, so waiting to "ask an endo" about what appears to be an overdose of insulin causing 5 hypos in a day/evening is crazy in my opinion. Where is the harm in reducing your basal dose by a couple of units or 10% (whichever is the lesser) and seeing if that improves things, if you suspect the basal insulin is responsible, especially if you have lost a significant amount of weight. There is little point in continuing to overdose and hypo until you are lucky enough to get an appointment. Far better to use your initiative and reduce the dose a bit and perhaps run a little high than continue and be fighting hypos.

I had the flu vaccine yesterday and had a hypo overnight and feeling a bit rough today as possible that had an effect.
Oh no. Sorry to hear that. Don't be surprised if it lasts for a few days. I'm only now better with the exception of the chest and back pain

Nope not seen anyone for 2 or so years !
You must be under someone because before you said you would speak to your team on Monday about reducing your insulin. What team is it that you’re speaking to?

Back