30 day average......

Status
Not open for further replies.

novorapidboi26

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
30 day average......(bit of fun)

If you have a blood meter, and it gives you averages........

What is your 30 day average...........?

Mine is 9.9..............:(

Last edited:

7 day ave is 8.4

Rob

My 30 adverage is reading 6.5..

I have the nano so got a 90 day adverage as well, this is reading at present 6.7 which I'm pretty pleased with..

I've had this meter long enough to have compared my 90 day adverage with my HAbc results, which comes back 1.4mmol/l lower than my meter

My 30 adverage is reading 6.5..

I have the nano so got a 90 day adverage as well, this is reading at present 6.7 which I'm pretty pleased with..

I've had this meter long enough to have compared my 90 day adverage with my HAbc results, which comes back 1.4mmol/l lower than my meter

90 day average sounds good, so does comparing it with the HbA1c.....good averages.....

If you have a blood meter, and it gives you averages........

What is your 30 day average...........?

Mine is 9.9..............:(

I dont bother with the averages on my meter, as i take bg at random times when i know it will be out of my set range, eg, after eating breakfast before driving etc. I dont think it is a true reflection of "average" bg readings. Not for me anyway.

So far Im winning for the crappiest result...............:D

Last edited:
7 day = 6.1, 14 day = 6.1, 30 day = 6.1🙂. Four months ago you could have trebled all three for each average

Hazey

mine is 5.8 been like that for ages well give or take my 7 day is currently 6.0 🙄

I dont bother with the averages on my meter, as i take bg at random times when i know it will be out of my set range, eg, after eating breakfast before driving etc. I dont think it is a true reflection of "average" bg readings. Not for me anyway.

Awwwwwwwwww, play the game trace..........:(

90 day 8.4 :D

but my hba1c is lower

No doubt, although some people can be close with their avergaes the actual HbA1c is more accurate.........

My averages are higher as I am currently testing in between meals investigating spikes........

Fun though eh?

I'm slightly confused...

Surely HbA1c takes all those spikes into account? The more time you spend after meals with excess sugar sloshing around in your system the more glycated haemoglobin you'll get and the higher your A1c surely?

So averages that include tests of post-meal spikes ought to be more like an A1c not less? Have I got that the wrong way round?

M

No doubt, although some people can be close with their avergaes the actual HbA1c is more accurate.........

My averages are higher as I am currently testing in between meals investigating spikes........

Fun though eh?

I do a lot of that too, especially when dual waving as i need to know what % to use next time etc. So i often get a 12 or 15 oops😱

I'm slightly confused...

Surely HbA1c takes all those spikes into account? The more time you spend after meals with excess sugar sloshing around in your system the more glycated haemoglobin you'll get and the higher your A1c surely?

So averages that include tests of post-meal spikes ought to be more like an A1c not less? Have I got that the wrong way round?

M

That makes sense............the more extreme the spike, the higher the HbA1c.............I have managed to lessen the spikes recently, so will need to wait till january.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back