I've just passed my 3-month D-versary, so thought I'd post a progress update.
- I have brought my sugars down to an average score of 5.9
- I've lost 3 stone
- My BMI now falls within the obese category - down from morbidly obese
- I have lots more energy, no more brain fog and none of the diabetes symptoms I had in the Autumn.
- My pants keep falling down
- Self-sabotaging by buying junk food and justifying it to myself. I'm not eating all of it but there is a constant trickle of naughtinesses in my shopping basket. I am worried about slipping back into old habits.
- Snacking is creeping back in
- Some weeks, I cannot stop the hunger pangs.
- I'm probably still eating too many calories in a day (luckily fewer than I am using, at least for now)
- My hands are really cold, really dry and the skin is easily damaged. Without constant moisturising they crack and bleed. I also keep dropping and breaking things.
- I still have a long weight loss journey ahead of me - about 5 1/2 stones more is the ultimate aim.
- Remission is still possible but my pancreas has not magically reset itself after reaching the 15kg mark (35lbs). If I eat a chinese and don't exercise, my BG fasting levels are elevated for several days afterwards.
- Weight loss is very hard work, once the weight water has come off.
- The 3-month mark is when I usually ease up on things because it's something that is now routine. It isn't.