3 hours after eating Glucose level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, that is a lot of fluctuations, I basically just forced the needle into the skin :( as the lancent device said no....

I am happy with it really though I wont eat unless im in the 7's pre eating, so will waith for my 10.4 to come down by 3 points and then have lunch, I was stupid to have such a late breakfast, I had one scrambled egg on a wholemeal slice of toast (with benecol) and cherry tomatos grilled. For lunch I am having just yoghurt and berries as very hot and bothered but as I say it wont be until much later, possibly 3pm

Dinner will be lots of veg and some fish and then loads of water, and a small handful of nuts and seeds as a snack
It would seem that toast is not a good idea - and cherry tomatoes are far higher in carbs than ordinary salad ones - so much so that they are most likely going to be reclassified for their carb content rather than included in 'tomatoes in general'.

re-used a lancet just now, 2 hours after breakfast and my glucose has gone up to 10.4 :(
At the start of the chart I posted above, eating a slice of toast would take me above 10, usually. After losing a bit more weight, toast was fine. It's not necessarily the case that dealing with this thing must involve zapping carbs.

6.1 this morning after eating porridge and berries, forgot to take it before having breakfast, so took it literally 20 mins later not sure if the glucose is after or before food in that scenario 🙂

6.1 this morning after eating porridge and berries, forgot to take it before having breakfast, so took it literally 20 mins later not sure if the glucose is after or before food in that scenario 🙂
It’s usually before and then two hours later. However it’s only a guide if you are type two as you are not taking a drug to
Counterbalance the food. Like in type one the insulin they take will refer to how much carbs they eat and how their individual reaction is. We still have some insulin as type two. But more or less carbs takes your body longer to get rid of sugar where as type one have no insulin so need to inject as a drug so it’s most important then. I read type two diabetes as getting back to a good weight A good diet will SOMETIMES reset you into remission but not for all. On the site here there are all types of diet and this is because we are all different. Carbs affect people differently but I’d aim to keep my blood sugar below ten after a meal. It’s when it does not come down it’s a problem and when it’s too low it’s also problem. I try to aim to be healthy and not obsess over these readings now. Most of society will go up go down . The aim in type two is like a calorie thing you can see what’s really bad and what’s really good. Ie cake crisps n biscuits are bad but moderate them they are okay in a diet . No diabetic really eats a rich fruit cake everyday followed by rich cakes n pastries and expects low blood sugar It’s good choices over bad and what works for you.

I just looked to decrease my BG, and reverse my diabetes by weight loss.
That meant I didn't rule out foods that spiked me initially, I worked on stopping the food spiking me.
Unfortunately once you start on diet control, it can seem that's all you can do to control your BG, and I didn't like the thought of being locked into that method of controlling diabetes.

Not every T2 can lose weight and reverse it. I don't think mine has 'reversed' but it's under control with diet. If that's the best I can do, then it's fine by me as last year, before I changed 'lifestyle', the leg pains were crippling.

I just looked to decrease my BG, and reverse my diabetes by weight loss.
That meant I didn't rule out foods that spiked me initially, I worked on stopping the food spiking me.
Unfortunately once you start on diet control, it can seem that's all you can do to control your BG, and I didn't like the thought of being locked into that method of controlling diabetes.
i know what you mean, the trouble with diet control in my situation is it feeds into my personality which may cause an issue, although maybe because I am recognising it so early on it actually isnt an issue. I tend to become addicted to behaviour in an OCD type of way, I was anorexic as a teenager and loved the empty feeling i got each night, realising I was in control, I can feel a similar euphoria over this and that worries me, I also have had the opposite, binge eating cycles its of a concern that I will need to address with my GP but to be honest I need to lose at least 5 stone so I wont think about that at this stage

i know what you mean, the trouble with diet control in my situation is it feeds into my personality which may cause an issue, although maybe because I am recognising it so early on it actually isnt an issue. I tend to become addicted to behaviour in an OCD type of way, I was anorexic as a teenager and loved the empty feeling i got each night, realising I was in control, I can feel a similar euphoria over this and that worries me, I also have had the opposite, binge eating cycles its of a concern that I will need to address with my GP but to be honest I need to lose at least 5 stone so I wont think about that at this stage

The other issue that can happen, and does happen, especially with diet control, as it goes with continuous testing quite often, is getting hooked onto BG levels, and extreme over control.
No one wants complications, but a none diabetic BG level certainly isn't constant, does rise and fall, and doesn't cause diabetic complications for them.

I quickly realised this as I used to test my family for comparisons.

The other issue that can happen, and does happen, especially with diet control, as it goes with continuous testing quite often, is getting hooked onto BG levels, and extreme over control.
No one wants complications, but a none diabetic BG level certainly isn't constant, does rise and fall, and doesn't cause diabetic complications for them.

Yes. I started to get like this and stopped it. I spent 3 months not testing at all after diagnosis, then got a bit obsessed with it, testing every morning and before and after meals. All I did was burn through test strips. I stopped it and now just do it every now and then 'out of curiosity' to see how things are or if I've been naughty (The scone the other weekend and a sausage roll.).

This morning was my first morning test for months.

I guess another point is that this then makes you stress when readings aren't what you expect, which then causes levels to rise further due to stress!

For me, I'd go finger pricking mad at times, only to tell myself STOP! - In the end, I found wake up time was enough - too many variables - Food, exercise, stress etc etc...

It's good to test, but too easy to get caught up in the numbers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back