Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i did 20 mins with my skipping ropes but been doing that every day since i bought them on Weds.

There you go hun, exercise drops your bg level, when i exercise i test before and depending what its at i will take onboard some glucose whilst exercising.

Well done on the skipping, doubt i could skip for 20 seconds lol 😱

There you go hun, exercise drops your bg level, when i exercise i test before and depending what its at i will take onboard some glucose whilst exercising.

Well done on the skipping, doubt i could skip for 20 seconds lol 😱

So if your levels were say near 4 would you take glucose ?or is it only if you checked and you were under 4 before starting to exercise? or would you not even exercise if you were below 4?? x

So if your levels were say near 4 would you take glucose ?or is it only if you checked and you were under 4 before starting to exercise? or would you not even exercise if you were below 4?? x

this is just me - i wouldn't exercise below 4, no way. i generally get hypo symptoms around the 3.9/3.8 mark. if i was between 4 and 10 (and again this is me PERSONALLY, this is not advice!!) i would exercise and take on some carbs (amount depending on exact level and what i'm going to be doing).

this is just me - i wouldn't exercise below 4, no way. i generally get hypo symptoms around the 3.9/3.8 mark. if i was between 4 and 10 (and again this is me PERSONALLY, this is not advice!!) i would exercise and take on some carbs (amount depending on exact level and what i'm going to be doing).

Thank you Shiv ive only really started in the last 3 weeks really getting into my exercise , every day now or as often as i can x

Again Steff, there are guidelines, i think that you should not exercise if above 13 as your levels can go up, and you should not exercise below 4 as you would be hypo.

Again, as Shiv said, this is what I personally do, if i was below 4 I would treat the hypo then exercise, taking on glucose (I drink the isotonic drinks, the amount depends on the amount of exercise intensity and length of time, you will get used to what you need by experimenting)

If 13 i would still exercise but not take on glucose, the exercise would bring my levels down pretty quickly (again this is just me, i know people whos levels increase with exercise at that level),

If above 13 i would take some insulin then exercise when my level falls below 13,

I know you dont take insulin but the best way forward would be to test before, during ( i test during if longer than 30 mins) and after exercise, you will see what that particular amount of exercise does to your level and can adjust amount of glucose etc if necessary.

It sounds pretty complicated but you will get used to whats right for you, the key is testing.

I drink isotonic drinks as although they are carbs they empty out of the stomach slowly and keep my levels fairly steady, most times I can remain at around 5 or 6 right the way through. Unlike lucozade for example which will shoot your level up too quickly, great for hypo but not exercise.

Not advice Steff, just my own experience, you will find whats right, but hope this helps.

Again Steff, there are guidelines, i think that you should not exercise if above 13 as your levels can go up, and you should not exercise below 4 as you would be hypo.

Again, as Shiv said, this is what I personally do, if i was below 4 I would treat the hypo then exercise, taking on glucose (I drink the isotonic drinks, the amount depends on the amount of exercise intensity and length of time, you will get used to what you need by experimenting)

If 13 i would still exercise but not take on glucose, the exercise would bring my levels down pretty quickly (again this is just me, i know people whos levels increase with exercise at that level),

If above 13 i would take some insulin then exercise when my level falls below 13,

I know you dont take insulin but the best way forward would be to test before, during ( i test during if longer than 30 mins) and after exercise, you will see what that particular amount of exercise does to your level and can adjust amount of glucose etc if necessary.

It sounds pretty complicated but you will get used to whats right for you, the key is testing.

I drink isotonic drinks as although they are carbs they empty out of the stomach slowly and keep my levels fairly steady, most times I can remain at around 5 or 6 right the way through. Unlike lucozade for example which will shoot your level up too quickly, great for hypo but not exercise.

Not advice Steff, just my own experience, you will find whats right, but hope this helps.

Thanks Tracey all of this is really helpful, from one who has not done an awful lot of exercise its interesting too see how other people go out doing ther regime.

I'm type 2 offically & have never had problems getting my perscription EVER. I don;t understand why some docs etc refuse or get huffy it really annoys me that some people dnt get what they need!!! DAMN THIS NHS. but thats another thread xx

I'm type 2 offically & have never had problems getting my perscription EVER. I don;t understand why some docs etc refuse or get huffy it really annoys me that some people dnt get what they need!!! DAMN THIS NHS. but thats another thread xx

Im lost :confused:

did someone say they could not get there prescription hun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back