Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just tested and was horrified to see 3.9 on my meter i have washed my hands went through all the usual ho-ha of a very off the scale reading and still get the same reading.I do not feel anything at all really just light headidness, if it is a true reading it is the lowest ever i have had.Any ideas? :confused:

I have just tested and was horrified to see 3.9 on my meter i have washed my hands went through all the usual ho-ha of a very off the scale reading and still get the same reading.I do not feel anything at all really just light headidness, if it is a true reading it is the lowest ever i have had.Any ideas? :confused:

steff, if you have retested then that must be the reading. I wouldn't panic though, as that's even considered as normal for non d's too! Get a bit of food in you and you'll soon be feeling better 🙂

steff, if you have retested then that must be the reading. I wouldn't panic though, as that's even considered as normal for non d's too! Get a bit of food in you and you'll soon be feeling better 🙂

Thanks Sam got sardines on toast on the go as we speak.

Hi Steff, Hp ur readina go up! Tested mine not lomg ago an was 13.9! And thats without eating ......... We just can't win can we? Take care m8, lv shirl x

Hi Steff, Hp ur readina go up! Tested mine not lomg ago an was 13.9! And thats without eating ......... We just can't win can we? Take care m8, lv shirl x

Cheers Shirl gonna test at 2 then have gave myself an hour x

I remember the feeling of panic the first time I had a hypo. I hope your bg's behave themselves for the rest of the day xxx

I know what it's like the first time this happens, I got really scared. I'm not exactly blas? about it now, but at least I know what's happening when it starts. It could be a good sign in a way though, maybe it means your numbers are coming down into the right range. What's the latest?

I know what it's like the first time this happens, I got really scared. I'm not exactly blas? about it now, but at least I know what's happening when it starts. It could be a good sign in a way though, maybe it means your numbers are coming down into the right range. What's the latest?

Just about to post there Alison lol

I am now 6.5 😎

Good I'm glad it's come up xx

Hi Steff
I have had a low reading too about 2 hours ago 3.7 lowest in a few months this has been as low as 3.0 before now, i started to feel a little shakey so tested as i don't take meds & rarely test now, & they say type 2's shouldn't test!!! was a shocker too cos i only had something an hour previous to that😱
had a small bounty as dinner was cooking, now had my dinner so will test about 3ish.
Hope your levels have improved now steff& feeling better.

Just seen your post Steff
Glad your numbers have gone up i the right range 🙂

Hi Steff
I have had a low reading too about 2 hours ago 3.7 lowest in a few months this has been as low as 3.0 before now, i started to feel a little shakey so tested as i don't take meds & rarely test now, & they say type 2's shouldn't test!!! was a shocker too cos i only had something an hour previous to that😱
had a small bounty as dinner was cooking, now had my dinner so will test about 3ish.
Hope your levels have improved now steff& feeling better.

Hi Anita hope your feeling better now?
As i say im back to 6.5mmol now so seems all good now x
I know what you mean but it is not totally impossible is it just very rare .

Hi Steff, glad to hear that you are feeling better. It really does seem as though the byetta is working very well for you! When do you next see your doctor/DSN? I'm just thinking that it would be unwise to increase your byetta dose befroe consulting with them. I'm still jealous of your fish and chips results! 😉

Hi Steff, glad to hear that you are feeling better. It really does seem as though the byetta is working very well for you! When do you next see your doctor/DSN? I'm just thinking that it would be unwise to increase your byetta dose befroe consulting with them. I'm still jealous of your fish and chips results! 😉

lol Northey dont be i was jealous of your first F&C results.

I see her on the 17th of this month I am not sure if i HAVE to go onto 10mg or weather or not it is ok for me to carry on with 5 as it is going so well.Guess i'll find out when i see her.

interesting stuff steff ...good choice to have sardines on Toast xx🙂

I agree with Northener, it seems the byetta is working well for you, obviously you dont want too many lows, but much better than all the hypers you were getting Steff??

Just wondering did you test because you felt light headed or were you testing anyway? If its because you felt funny then this suggest great hypo awareness as you had just dropped below 4.

Dont forget Steff always have glucose handy in some form for hypos! :D

I agree with Northener, it seems the byetta is working well for you, obviously you dont want too many lows, but much better than all the hypers you were getting Steff??

Just wondering did you test because you felt light headed or were you testing anyway? If its because you felt funny then this suggest great hypo awareness as you had just dropped below 4.

Dont forget Steff always have glucose handy in some form for hypos! :D

No hun it was when i felt light headed thought this is not usual for me and did the test,I do have a tin of lucazade and some dextroes to hand x

No hun it was when i felt light headed thought this is not usual for me and did the test,I do have a tin of lucazade and some dextroes to hand x

Thats good then! I wouldnt worry too much about it, i would definately rather be on the lower side of things than higher any day. You may have to rethink your portions or snacks if you have been particulary active for example.?

Thats good then! I wouldnt worry too much about it, i would definately rather be on the lower side of things than higher any day. You may have to rethink your portions or snacks if you have been particulary active for example.?

Well i did 20 mins with my skipping ropes but been doing that every day since i bought them on Weds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back