24 hr fast..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin9

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
2:45pm...
I'm on my first 24 hr fast today finishes at 5pm, getting tough now, I admit to having a cup tea early this morning, but nothing but water since, now I'm HUNGRY :confused:..
I see some people say it's not bad but ..you coulda fooled me.. hope can see some results either through lower blood glucose or weight loss..
Anyway onward & upwards...o_O

Drink plenty of water..... Many fasters also use Bone Broth.....

If I'm stalled for some reason, a fast usually kick starts progress....

One bad thing I think I have eaten too much had a BM of 8.3 two hours afterwards ...😱 pre meal I was 5.3

One bad thing I think I have eaten too much had a BM of 8.3 two hours afterwards ...😱 pre meal I was 5.3
Actually, that's not too bad. 3mmol is just inside the acceptable range for a spike. With any luck, you would've come back down after 3 hours.🙂

Actually, that's not too bad. 3mmol is just inside the acceptable range for a spike. With any luck, you would've come back down after 3 hours.🙂
Yep was back down to 5.8 by 10 pm..

Well if the scales are to be believed lost a full pound yesterday during my fast..!

wow Martin 9 well done you. 24 hour fast. I honestly don't think I would survive that. I am watching the carbs I eat but really admire anyone who can do fasting.

Did you feel hungry during the day at times and what did you do to stop yourself eating?

wow Martin 9 well done you. 24 hour fast. I honestly don't think I would survive that. I am watching the carbs I eat but really admire anyone who can do fasting.

Did you feel hungry during the day at times and what did you do to stop yourself eating?
Was ok until around 2pm, with 3 hours to go, the last 3 were bit tortuous, not helped by the fact in the last hour could smell the Roast Chicken cooking in the oven ( silly idea) ..I would fast again if I got stuck at a certain weight or had a period of high BG levels that I couldn't get down otherwise, but don't think I would make it a regular thing..

Thanks Martin 9. I think 24 hr fasting regularly would be dangerous for you so would not be a wise thing to do but, if you can do it, you should be fine on occasions if you feel it is right for you. I know Michael Moseley suggests the 5:2 or 6:1 where you fast for a few hours on one or two days a week. I may try that if I find myself not being able to get out of pre-diabetes again. Got out of it once but it has gone back up. Very disappointed as, although I treated myself on odd occasions, I had not been doing anything much different.

Will battle on. Have to be careful with 5:2 and 6:1 though as underweight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back