Status
Not open for further replies.

spell

Went for 5 mile walk this morning when I left BS 11.3
Stopped for coffee half way, when I got home BS 21.3.
How is that not the definition of stress inducing hatred of this disease.
Did the same thing yesterday, all fine. I hate this sh*t.

Ah that’s pants @spell

So annoying when you play your part and repeat the same actions, only for the BG levels to be completely different on consecutive days 😡

Just shows how many factors influence our BG levels.

There’s a list of 42 here:

Hope you have an easier weekend.

Ah that’s pants @spell

So annoying when you play your part and repeat the same actions, only for the BG levels to be completely different on consecutive days 😡

Just shows how many factors influence our BG levels.

There’s a list of 42 here:

Hope you have an easier weekend.
I've known some c**ts in my 55 years but by a long way type 1 is the biggest

Went for 5 mile walk this morning when I left BS 11.3
Stopped for coffee half way, when I got home BS 21.3.
How is that not the definition of stress inducing hatred of this disease.
Did the same thing yesterday, all fine. I hate this sh*t.

Just have to roll with it & not let it get you down, we all experience same but it is what it is, you only get one life so make most of it.

More information would be helpful to try to figure out what might have happened... ie. What your waking reading was? What you had for breakfast? How long after breakfast (if you had any) did you walk? What sort of coffee you had? etc.
Of course, it may be that you were posting just to moan about it rather than look for practical solutions to it, which is fair enough as that is a legitimate use of the forum, but personally I would be wanting to learn why it happened or how to prevent it, to see if I can do better next time.

Personally, I don't let my levels get that high. So far today I have jabbed 3 corrections to keep mine from going above 10. Once it gets into double figures it is a pig to get down again and it makes me feel rubbish, so I try not to let it get that high. Libre helps with that of course but I seem to remember you may be averse to using Libre. Apologies if I am wrong about that.

Sorry I don't have more information to analyze it, just wanted to go for a walk and have a coffee.
I f**ked again, that's going on my gravestone

Libre helps with that of course but I seem to remember you may be averse to using Libre. Apologies if I am wrong about that.

I am pretty sure @spell uses Libre alongside Omnipod.

This is the exhausting thing with Type 1 - what works one day doesn’t work the next day, even if you do everything exactly the same. It’s hugely frustrating and can take its toll. I agree with @nonethewiser that you just have to not let it get to you. It will drive you mad otherwise.

Of course, this high could be due to many things but my top guesses would be a pump/cannula issue, approaching illness (watch out - there’s a nasty virus about) or stress (underlying stress due to the busy time of year).

Despite our best efforts, sometimes things just go cr@p. Some days I can do lots of corrections and they seem to have no effect at all whereas other days they work fine. It’s this that’s the real burden of Type 1 not the injections or anything. If we could test, calculate, inject and that always worked and we stayed in range, then life would be great.

Keeps things interesting though, doesn't it?
Seriously, diabetes does like throwing curve balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back