20.9!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all just need some advice, tested myself and got a reading 20.9 but i have/had no classis symptoms of a hyper.Dont understand why though, help anyone please??

And yes i have washed hands, re tested etc etc and still got same reading

Hi all just need some advice, tested myself and got a reading 20.9 but i have/had no classis symptoms of a hyper.Dont understand why though, help anyone please??

Sorry steffie i cant help on this one,you probably know more about what to do then i,i hop it comes down soon though.
carole

Hi Steffie
It's a worrying reading....:(it might be stress related? Sorry I can't give you any practical advice, other than classic stuff like drink a lot of water, because I'm on Metformin only...Take care and have a good night's sleep...

Have you tried the control solution on your meter? Perhaps your meter needs new batteries and gives high readings when they get low? Sorry, not sure what else to suggest.

Oh no Steffie! :(

Hope you manage to bring you levels back down. *Hugs*

Hi Steffie, hope you are okay now (((hugs))) x

Hi Caroline the batteries were only changed at the beginning of Aug and i tryed the solution, im shattered tbh got to bed about 3 after my levels got down to 8.4, then the OH was up and down all night shouting and swearing in pain with his bad mouth lol.But happy to say I tested at 8 and was 5.9 x

Thank you for all your replies xx

I'm glad the levels came down, maybe it was stress over your first day at work. The annoying thing with that sort of situation is that you'll never know now xx

I'm so glad you came down to a reasonable level love. How are you feeling now?

Glad to hear your levels came down. Sounds like hubby is in a lot of pain too. I hope he goes to the dentist and gets it sorted as it can't be much fun for anyone

Hi,Alison i seemed to have had a headache that has lingered for about the last 5 hours but other then that levels have been ok x

Sorry to hear that steffie, that has happened to me as well. Hope things are back to normal now. Sheena🙂

Had you eaten anything different? I wondered for ages when it happened to me once, and it turned out it was the Sharwoods Hoi sin sauce I had had for dinner, at least looking at the back of the jar, that's what we put it down too!

Had you eaten anything different? I wondered for ages when it happened to me once, and it turned out it was the Sharwoods Hoi sin sauce I had had for dinner, at least looking at the back of the jar, that's what we put it down too!

Oh yeah i avoid any sauces like that , there high in sugar.

No i had oven baked chips and fishcakes with petit pois x

so eating at 18.30 and then getting the hyper around 23.45 would still be to do with my meal?

Maybe you could try low carb meals for a couple of days and see if you still get these hypers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back