2 hour post-meal BS readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jill,

I agree that those are the often quoted levels. However, these days, I'd be very unhappy if I ever found myself as high as 8.5 two hours after finishing eating.

In fact I can't ever remember being as high as that at that time since I began testing. However, I must have been I suppose before I started testing when my HbA1c was as high as 9.4%.

4-7 at anytime is my target these days.

Best wishes - John

Thank you John. I suspect you're right and I must try harder - bread is my downfall. So much conflicting information - it's very confusing. Jill

this annoys me, cause if im under 10 two hours after a meal then il end up hypo and if im high two hours after a meal then il b down at under 10 like 4 hours later.

does this mean my insulin ratios are wrong???

help lol xx

Hey, it's hard isn't it, i know it's different for adults to children but i remember when Rose was on MDI, she would start off a respectable number, then 2 hours post breakfast spike she would be up to the mid 20s, have a snack not injected for, then be back to the respectable number 4 hours on. We had to give the snack not bolused for as she would hypo within the 4 hours. She would def have hypoed if not in the 20s post 2 hours....makes me sad thinking about those times and what damage we were doing...DSNs advice, after i asked for help was just "well, don't test and then you won't know the levels?!?!" 😱

We tried swapping the levemir around, split for 2 doses a day and gave novorapid 10/15mins earlier to try and stop the spike...

Is it the same spike every day at the same time? Is it for a certain type of food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back