1st 3 month HBA1C follow up results are in .........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm coming up to 5 years of low carb eating and can only advise that you stick to it, as seems to be the single most significant method of staying well.
Now that I am meeting up with people again I have found that some have put on loads of weight, whilst I am slightly lighter than the last time I saw them, but significantly thinner around the waist.
It does mean a new winter wardrobe, again - which is fun.

Huge "WELL DONE" from me too. Amazing weight loss and even more fabulous HbA1c result. Many congratulations and good luck with continued progress on the weight. You must feel so much better physically as well as now, mentally with that result. Woo Hoo!!

I'm coming up to 5 years of low carb eating and can only advise that you stick to it, as seems to be the single most significant method of staying well.
Now that I am meeting up with people again I have found that some have put on loads of weight, whilst I am slightly lighter than the last time I saw them, but significantly thinner around the waist.
It does mean a new winter wardrobe, again - which is fun.
Hi @Dummer - I am definitely going to stick to this way of eating. It is working so well. My OH and I have big indents in several places where big bits of fat just seem to have vanished from - that keeps us going on the weeks where the weight loss doesn't move a huge amount on the scales. Its also the silly things like being able to bend down to do a job for 5 or 10 mins without any huge effort - previously we would have stopped for a minute or twos rest then started again. It's so good having only half the belly obstructing us 🙂

Funny you mention clothes, I have been putting something on and my OH says hmmmm I think this might be the last time you are able to wear that as it's hanging off you. I am down 3 or 4 sizes (varies according to the shop). I am in panic mode now trying to make sure I get at least a couple of uses out of things before I donate them. Being a shopaholic, I LOVE that I have to go shopping for new things! 🙂

WOW! Amazing results MollyM. Well done on all your hard work. It's lovely to celebrate with a bunch of people who understand just what a low Hba1c means!
Thanks so much @Pattidevans - as you say, it is great that everyone understands and are all routing for each other. 🙂

Huge "WELL DONE" from me too. Amazing weight loss and even more fabulous HbA1c result. Many congratulations and good luck with continued progress on the weight. You must feel so much better physically as well as now, mentally with that result. Woo Hoo!!
Thanks @rebrascora

I definitely feel so much better - things that used to be a huge effort are no problems now eg carrying big bags of shopping, moving furniture about when I am hoovering and so on. Things my OH used to do all the time I either do on my own or we do them together. I now feel guilty that he has had the brunt of things for so long without me even noticing but at least that's all changed now! I am now 'enjoying' walking - never thought I would say that haha!

Well done and, yes, keep to it.

Hi @Dummer - I am definitely going to stick to this way of eating. It is working so well. My OH and I have big indents in several places where big bits of fat just seem to have vanished from - that keeps us going on the weeks where the weight loss doesn't move a huge amount on the scales. Its also the silly things like being able to bend down to do a job for 5 or 10 mins without any huge effort - previously we would have stopped for a minute or twos rest then started again. It's so good having only half the belly obstructing us 🙂

Funny you mention clothes, I have been putting something on and my OH says hmmmm I think this might be the last time you are able to wear that as it's hanging off you. I am down 3 or 4 sizes (varies according to the shop). I am in panic mode now trying to make sure I get at least a couple of uses out of things before I donate them. Being a shopaholic, I LOVE that I have to go shopping for new things! 🙂
When losing weight it really pays to develop a core wardrobe and just buy to enhance that rather than making more random purchases.
As you write - it really works, and there is a big difference between losing weight and losing fat, which seems to be ignored by slimming clubs much to the detriment of their members. I've noticed that some garments just began to hang wrong as my shape changed far more than my weight over the last few years - at least I assume so as I am not bothered about my weight these days. Reaching the bottom of the fridge or the lowest shelf on the book case is a far more life enhancing ability than reducing weight.

When losing weight it really pays to develop a core wardrobe and just buy to enhance that rather than making more random purchases.
As you write - it really works, and there is a big difference between losing weight and losing fat, which seems to be ignored by slimming clubs much to the detriment of their members. I've noticed that some garments just began to hang wrong as my shape changed far more than my weight over the last few years - at least I assume so as I am not bothered about my weight these days. Reaching the bottom of the fridge or the lowest shelf on the book case is a far more life enhancing ability than reducing weight.

@Drummer - don't ever let my OH hear you talking about a capsule wardrobe 😛. I am a 'if I like something I buy it in every single colour' sort of person and that goes for everything - trousers, shoes, skirts, shirts blah blah 😛😉. In my defence, I always manage to get great bargains on normally expensive things - a great example was a pair of Michael Lewis shoes which were £480 for £10.... and no, I've not worn them as yet haha but I will one of these years lol !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back