1st 3 month HBA1C follow up results are in .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly M

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, I was absolutely totally gobsmacked when I called our surgery for my first HBA1C review today to be told it was ok because it was 'normal'. I asked what the receptionist meant by normal and she said your result was 30 which is normal. 30! I promptly burst into tears and she asked why. I told her to look at my last tests (77 on 25/6 then 74 a week later) and she let out a huge cheer and then quizzed me non stop on what I had been eating/doing 😛. Liver and kidney tests were normal - cholesterol results aren't back as yet.

So, obviously, I/we are crazily delighted. I haven't even spoken to my doctor or DN yet (my one call from the DN was to ask me my weight and to tell me to come here and look at the diet information) so I haven't a clue what I am meant to be doing so will just continue as I am until I hear from them. I have lost 29lbs so far since the middle of July once I had gotten my head around how I was going to tackle this - I decided to go LCHF. I need to lose more than that again. Thanks to every single person that commented on my posts and offered help with links or suggestions on books to read etc etc.

I am sure (hope) I will continue to get regular HBA1C tests on an ongoing basis and plan to continue with LCHF until I get rid of another chunk of weight. This is far from over, I am under no illusions there, but I am very happy (over the moon) with this start.

Thanks again to everyone for their great advice.

Fantastic achievement @Molly M, give yourself a huge round of applause and a pat on the back! :D

Wow @Molly M what an inspiring change and attitude!

You have every right to be over the moon. Well done for all the hard work you have put in - and lovely to see it paying off so wonderfully!

I wonder if they will suggest a reduction in meds when you get an appointment to chat things through?

Wow @Molly M what an inspiring change and attitude!

You have every right to be over the moon. Well done for all the hard work you have put in - and lovely to see it paying off so wonderfully!

I wonder if they will suggest a reduction in meds when you get an appointment to chat things through?
Thanks so much @everydayupsanddowns - I wouldn’t have been able to do it if I hadn’t had all of the help and guidance from this forum!! I can’t thank you all enough!

I am just the sort of person that has to get all the nitty gritty details of whatever it is I am trying to do and then sometimes (if I am lucky) I get a crazy amount of willpower from somewhere. I was like this when I had a tumour too a few years ago.

I had an added motivator this time in that my dad never looked after his diabetes and went blind as a result. So I knew I had to do something major to avoid that.

My other half and I were discussing what the doc may do and he’s convinced my meds will need to be reduced too. Here’s hoping that if they do, my levels don’t jump up again. But if they do, I will just do my best. I need to keep on with a LCHF diet as it seems to be working so well at present and I have loads of weight to get rid off still.

Mx

Fantastic result @Molly M - well done on your hard work. :D You must be chuffed to bits!

Thanks so much @Bloden - I have to confess I am over the moon - never thought it would be as good a result as this. It was a lot of hard work but hopefully most of the changes to my diet will continue for a while yet (they need to 🙂 😉)

Very well done. An inspiration to me and to us all. Keep up the good work.

Well, I was absolutely totally gobsmacked when I called our surgery for my first HBA1C review today to be told it was ok because it was 'normal'. I asked what the receptionist meant by normal and she said your result was 30 which is normal. 30! I promptly burst into tears and she asked why. I told her to look at my last tests (77 on 25/6 then 74 a week later) and she let out a huge cheer and then quizzed me non stop on what I had been eating/doing 😛. Liver and kidney tests were normal - cholesterol results aren't back as yet.

So, obviously, I/we are crazily delighted. I haven't even spoken to my doctor or DN yet (my one call from the DN was to ask me my weight and to tell me to come here and look at the diet information) so I haven't a clue what I am meant to be doing so will just continue as I am until I hear from them. I have lost 29lbs so far since the middle of July once I had gotten my head around how I was going to tackle this - I decided to go LCHF. I need to lose more than that again. Thanks to every single person that commented on my posts and offered help with links or suggestions on books to read etc etc.

I am sure (hope) I will continue to get regular HBA1C tests on an ongoing basis and plan to continue with LCHF until I get rid of another chunk of weight. This is far from over, I am under no illusions there, but I am very happy (over the moon) with this start.

Thanks again to everyone for their great advice.
High five

@Molly M That’s fantastic news! Well done!

Wonderful result @Molly M. Very well done

Whoop Whoop! Well done. Have my first 3 month blood test due this week, would love to be cheering alongside you and not just for you, but for now - great job @Molly M - woo hoo!

Very well done. An inspiration to me and to us all. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much @CaptTony - so nice of you to say that 🙂 - I have only followed the great info in here.

Whoop Whoop! Well done. Have my first 3 month blood test due this week, would love to be cheering alongside you and not just for you, but for now - great job @Molly M - woo hoo!

Well @janw lets make it a double celebration.

I am crossing my fingers and toes that you will get a great result when your results come in too. Be sure to post and I will keep an eye out for you.

Good luck!!

😉

Well done a great result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back