10 pounds loss in a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done for working your way round difficult food choices. It can be a struggle when you got out. Lovely picture of the family!

Well done for working your way round difficult food choices. It can be a struggle when you got out. Lovely picture of the family!
Thank you, it did feel a bit like no one can possibly have health issues in Ireland as the food is so mainstream, I didnt see any low fat or low carb, sugar options and when you are meant to fill up on veg to have a pretty small splodge of veg on your plate isnt going to help is it 🙂 I accept that the luxury resort food was more about the presentation of the meal rather than the health aspect, 2 small slices of carrot and some cubed parsnip was all the veg we had, it looked a little like an artistic meal as opposed to what I am used to at home. (Loads of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage etc with lean chicken etc.) As a result I was hungry all the time as not full of healthy veg. I also didnt drink much water due to long periods of time without access to a loo. (airport to venue was over 2 hours and then we couldnt get in to our accommodation until 4pm (it was 11am!) I am making up for it now though, lots of water and having a homemade soup for lunch.

My sister and her daughter are both vegans and had a similar experience with food at the resort. We had to request vegan canapes at the venue as they were only offering with mini burgers or vol au vents filled with non vegan creamy sauce and mushrooms. They were given little mini vegan burger bites in the end which is OK but its a smaller version of what they had in the main meal!!

Vegan starter was just lettuce !! (the non vegans had chicken Cesar salad), the 2nd of the 4 courses was a very bland version of the soup the rest of us had, the main was the same as the Canape and the desert was a small chocolate mousse. They left the venue mid meal to get some of their own vegan food as they were so hungry! (Although this was my sons wedding, I gave them the money and it was them and the venue choosing the food so I take no responsibility here - It was still a lovely day, just an eye opener how people who cant just eat anything and everything really struggle.

Thank you, it did feel a bit like no one can possibly have health issues in Ireland as the food is so mainstream, I didnt see any low fat or low carb, sugar options and when you are meant to fill up on veg to have a pretty small splodge of veg on your plate isnt going to help is it 🙂 I accept that the luxury resort food was more about the presentation of the meal rather than the health aspect, 2 small slices of carrot and some cubed parsnip was all the veg we had, it looked a little like an artistic meal as opposed to what I am used to at home. (Loads of broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage etc with lean chicken etc.) As a result I was hungry all the time as not full of healthy veg. I also didnt drink much water due to long periods of time without access to a loo. (airport to venue was over 2 hours and then we couldnt get in to our accommodation until 4pm (it was 11am!) I am making up for it now though, lots of water and having a homemade soup for lunch.

My sister and her daughter are both vegans and had a similar experience with food at the resort. We had to request vegan canapes at the venue as they were only offering with mini burgers or vol au vents filled with non vegan creamy sauce and mushrooms. They were given little mini vegan burger bites in the end which is OK but its a smaller version of what they had in the main meal!!

Vegan starter was just lettuce !! (the non vegans had chicken Cesar salad), the 2nd of the 4 courses was a very bland version of the soup the rest of us had, the main was the same as the Canape and the desert was a small chocolate mousse. They left the venue mid meal to get some of their own vegan food as they were so hungry! (Although this was my sons wedding, I gave them the money and it was them and the venue choosing the food so I take no responsibility here - It was still a lovely day, just an eye opener how people who cant just eat anything and everything really struggle.

I found if I asked for extras, like more veg, most places obliged.
The vegan side seems a bit lacking though.

I'm the same as you, my evening meal is typically some meat and a whole bunch of veg and I've got quite used to it. We went away on holiday and in the restaurant, I asked for no spuds, but plenty of veg, They brought out my meal with two tiny dishes of veg - just nibbles really so cheekily I asked for more and they did give me some. probably thought I was a troublemaker lol. Your target of 10 pounds a month is impressive - best of luck with it. I see even after the wedding you're still a stone down so well done for that.

Cheers

Steve

Oops! Sorry I just realised you're vegan

Oops! Sorry I just realised you're vegan
Hi Steve, no its my sister and niece who are the vegans, I am the meat and veg sort of person but sadly no spuds, or pasta, or rice, or bread or anything like that anymore 🙂

Hi Steve, no its my sister and niece who are the vegans, I am the meat and veg sort of person but sadly no spuds, or pasta, or rice, or bread or anything like that anymore 🙂
If you still want pasta, try edamame bean or black bean pasta very low carb 15g per 100g dry weight, I find a 25g dry wt portion cooked is plenty sufficient. Cooks quickly otherwise too mushy.

Hehe I got the wrong end of the stick again 🙂

My scales are going to be thrown out they are Eratic in the extreme. I tested with my daughter and they said she weighed 12 stone. She is 10 stone 2! I have now decided to use my mechanical ones again and have downloaded a food and exercise app

My scales are going to be thrown out they are Eratic in the extreme. I tested with my daughter and they said she weighed 12 stone. She is 10 stone 2! I have now decided to use my mechanical ones again and have downloaded a food and exercise app
Check the battery, make sure they are on a hard floor not carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back