What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better day today. Libre 99% in range so far. My stomach isn’t impressed with the dinner though!
Breakfast: coffee and porridge
Lunch: Jacket potato with tuna, peppers, onions, mayo mixed together
Dinner: Steak, fried egg, mushrooms, onions, garlic. Strawberry ice cream.
Snacks: latte, cheesestring

Last edited:
That sounds horrific @Lucyr :( Glad you had a better day today.

Yesterday - Saturday
Weight: 14stones 11.6pounds Tum: 50 BG first thing: 8.8 @ 7.12am
B: pint water / scrambled eggs made with olive oil and Anchor butter, mayo / pint water with meds
L: pint water / 7.2 @ 11.39am / tuna corn salad with sachet of dressing
D: pint water / 2 steaks with Brussels sprouts roasted in olive oil / mug Oxo

Yesterday - Sunday
Weight: 14stones 6.2pounds* Tum: 50 BG first thing: 7.2 @ 8.29am
B: pint water / 2 scrambled eggs made with Anchor butter, 2 tomatoes, spring onions / pint water with meds
L: pint water / mug Oxo / tuna corn salad with olive oil
D: pint water / pork bellies and roast broccoli
(I wish they'd make up a different name for marketing purposes, the name would put anybody off! Pork strips maybe.)

* Water blip, I knew it would go back up the next day so no worries, when weighing daily I take it all in my stride. 🙂

Last edited:
Sat
B - Chopped Nuts Blueberrie,Strawberries & Greek Yoghurt
L - Ryvitas with Stilton & Walnuts
1/2 Apple
D - Air Fryed Sausages, Sweet Potato Slices & Pickled Red Cabbage
1/2 Apple

Sun -
B - 2 Egg Spanish Omelette (chopped celery sweet pepper, onion & cheese & ham)
L - Stilton, Walnuts, Pickled Egg MiniCheddars (missing bread so much)
homebaked bread didn’t work
Fruit-n-Nut bar
D Small piece of Fish in breadcrumbs (captain birds eye) air fryed with chopped sweet potato &peas

Mon
B - 3 SMALL Slices of Fresh Bread ToastEd Sourdough Buttered & spread with no sugar marmalade
Bs certainly spiked (but returned to under +2 above after 3hrs) enjoyed the toast and a relief
L - Sandwich (Sourdough bread) Rocket,Watercres,Pastrami & Wholegrain Mustard, Mini Cheddars
Green Apple
D - Minted Lamb Chop, a Few small frozen roasties, 1 Yorkshire Pudding, Peas & Sweetcorn

Bank Holiday was
Kind of Carb Laden Day but BS Levels were @ 3 hrs after eating was ok
went to bed with a finger prick of 5.0 and woke next day and was 6.6

B: yoghurt, berries and all bran and seeds
L: Tuna pate, cheese, coleslaw, ryvita, half nectarine
D: omelette with mushrooms, chorizo, spinach, cheese, broccoli, strawberries and cream

This week's menu - I have included the relevant cookbook the recipes are based on:

Friday Poulet au Vinaigre (Pinch of Nom) & Fine Beans
Saturday Enchiladas (Essential Cuisine of Mexico)
Sunday Greek Style Roast Lamb (Fresh Start)
Yesterday Turkey Son Choy Bow (Loose Weight for Good) - Replace the Water Chestnuts with Bamboo Shoots
Today Sumac Lamb Chops (Pinch of Nom), Celeriac Mash and Savoy Cabbage
Tomorrow Beef Kofta Curry (Pinch of Nom Everyday Light) p138 & Cauli Rice
Thursday Chicken Marsala (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy) & Celeriac Mash
Friday Doner Kebab (Pinch of Nom), Cabbage Slaw & Pink Pickled Onions

For the enchiladas I tried BFree High Protein Wraps from Sainsbury's. They are 4g Carb per wrap. Unfortunately they have (to me) a very strong porridge taste so I won't be using them again.

This week's menu - I have included the relevant cookbook the recipes are based on:

Friday Poulet au Vinaigre (Pinch of Nom) & Fine Beans
Saturday Enchiladas (Essential Cuisine of Mexico)
Sunday Greek Style Roast Lamb (Fresh Start)
Yesterday Turkey Son Choy Bow (Loose Weight for Good) - Replace the Water Chestnuts with Bamboo Shoots
Today Sumac Lamb Chops (Pinch of Nom), Celeriac Mash and Savoy Cabbage
Tomorrow Beef Kofta Curry (Pinch of Nom Everyday Light) p138 & Cauli Rice
Thursday Chicken Marsala (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy) & Celeriac Mash
Friday Doner Kebab (Pinch of Nom), Cabbage Slaw & Pink Pickled Onions

For the enchiladas I tried BFree High Protein Wraps from Sainsbury's. They are 4g Carb per wrap. Unfortunately they have (to me) a very strong porridge taste so I won't be using them again.
Looks a fabulous menu again. I tried the sweet potato wraps - not impressed and expensive as well.

Those menus make my mouth water. I wish I could cook and so does Mum. :D

Yesterday - Bank Holiday Monday - a bit of a piggy day... I wish I knew exactly how many carbs, I think the chilli con carne was 36, I think @Kaylz found out for me so I must look back through the thread...
Weight: 14stones 8.2pounds Tum: 49 1/2 BG first thing: 6.8 @ 6.25am
B: pint water with fibre / 2 scrambled eggs made with olive oil, tomatoes, spring onions
L: mug Nescafe dash milk / a Tesco Indian ie Korma that yellow rice and a round of Naan which I hate but wanted to be sociable yuck.
D: large can Princes Chilli Con Carne (cold out of the tin nom nom nom) / pint water with meds

I wish I could cook and so does Mum. :D
If you're up for a challenge try the Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy book. The recipes really support the title 🙂

Hopefully, by the time I have typed this today will be yesterday....

Not often I have a really good day with my food and BG levels but today was a good day so here goes....

B. Coffee with butter as I am out of cream or milk...
Multi vit effervescent tablet in water with psyllium and chia seeds. Second glass of plain water.
Creaky Greek style Natural yoghurt (2 great big dollops approx. 120g portion) with stewed rhubarb with a little
sweetener, mixed seeds, a dusting or cocoa powder and a dusting of cinnamon all mixed up with a little psyllium husk to thicken it.

L. Indian vegetable stir fry with eggs... Onion, garlic and aubergine cubes, fried in butter with Garam Masala, Cumin, Coriander and Turneric... then sliced Pak Choi added and stir fired for a further 5 mins then eggs cracked on top and the pan covered for a couple of minutes to cook the eggs through. Followed by a low carb berry trifle

D. Made my first "chaffle" with grated Red Leicester, eggs, ground almonds, a little psyllium husk and baking powder. Fried the resulting batter in coconut oil in a hot pan, resembling a thick pancake or thin omelette. Fried a slice of black pudding and used the chaffle to make a sandwich with the black pudding, pea shoot salad, a cherry tomato sliced finely and mayonnaise. It tasted heavenly and was the first "sandwich" I have had in almost 2 years. Washed it down with a glass of rose wine and feeling so much happier tonight for having had lots of veggies and some real food.

Tues
B - Toast & Peanut Butter 1/2 Apple (last of the sourdough bread)
L - Spanish Omelette
D - Sausages, Sliced Airfryed Sweet Potato Peas & Sweetcorn

Wed
B - Chopped Nuts & Strawberries with Greek yoghurt
L - Fish & Chips + Ice Cream day out @ sea side, ate about half but all the ice cream
D - recovering from lunch (shouldn’t have had the ice cream)

Thu
B - Toast & No Sugar Marmalade
L - Sandwich Ham, Rocket & Wholegrain Mustard
1/2 Apple, Mini Cheddars
D - Steak (Marinated in Wholegrain Mustard & Red Wine) Air Fried Sliced Sweet Potato
Chopped Salad - Watercres, Rocket, Radishes, Walnuts Gherkin Mayo
Fruit-Nut Bar

Wed.

B. Usual creamy Greek style natural yoghurt with stewed rhubarb, mixed seeds, cinnamon, ginger, cocoa and a sprinkle of low carb granola.

L. Left over Indian spiced stir fried veg (onions, aubergine and Pak Choi) with 2 poached banty eggs

D. Fish and chip supper shared with partner... I had tail end of his fish with about 15 chips (too many and will stick to 10 next time)

Thur

B. As above

L. Lamb bolognaise with a salad and luxury creamy coleslaw

D. Pea and ham soup followed by some ratatouille .....
....... and then I had a big blow out...
Found an ancient and well out of date (BBE 2010 😱 ) individual Christmas pud in the back of the cupboard. Nuked it in microwave whilst I jabbed 5 units of insulin for it (educated guess as writing faded on label), poured over a teaspoon of rum and then some cream and a tiny bit of Mascapone cheese that needed using up and it was heaven. The risky thing was that this was midnight and I was fading fast, so set alarm for an hour hence and climbed into bed. Woke up just dipping into the red and needed a glucose tab (just one as pretty sure there were enough carbs. Woke up this morning on 7.8 with no spike from the Christmas pud at all... just a steady sloping increase in levels through the night....

Got away with it and won't happen again, I promise, because there are no more surprises in the back of the cupboard

Anyway, not at all diabetic friendly but sometimes you just need to treat yourself and I was really reserved at Christmas and my birthday, so this was my annual carb splurge "allowance" in one dense little sugar bomb!!

Wed
yogurt, berries and granola
tuna pate, tomatoes, cucumber, ryvita, cheese, pear
Venison burger, mushrooms, creamy spinach with stilton and walnuts, tomato and red pepper salad
Thurs
Scrambled egg and smoked salmon on thin slice toast
cooked meat, ryvita, cheese, tomato, avocado, pepper, half apple
lightly dusted lemon sole, salad, stewed damsons and quark

This week's menus:

Friday Doner Kebab (Pinch of Nom)
Saturday Turmeric Chicken Kebab (Simply), Steak, Char Siu Pork Burgers (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy) & Greek Salad
Sunday Roast Pork & Braised Red Cabbage
Monday Mongolian Beef (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy) & Cauli Rice
Tuesday Peppercorn Chicken (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy) & Celeriac Mash
Wednesday Slow-cooked Beef Brisket (Fresh Start)
Thursday Stuffed Peppers (Loose Weight for Good)
Friday Chicken, Tomato and Mascarpone (Loose Weight for Good) & Fine Beans

Last edited:
Thursday 3/6/2021
Breakfast

2 rounds of hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
Lunch
2 rounds of warburtons med white sliced with cheese spread on - 38g of carbs - had this at my in laws - was going to have a custard doghnut but didn't feel like after me and my daughter had just been in a car crash
Tea
Chinese takeaway- prawn fried rice - no idea of carbs

Wed 2/6/2021
Breakfast

2 rounds of hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
Lunch
Ham sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
Batchelors cup a soup Oxtail - 12g of carbs
Tea
Youngs fish steak in butter sauce - 6g of carbs
Herb small diced potatoes from Heron supermarket - 80g of carbs
2 pieces of garlic bread - 20g of carbs
Muller corner yoghurt with the chocolate flakes - 23g of carbs

Last edited:
Ok here goes. I don't normally post on this thread for fear of looking foolish. After all I am no expert and I am learning as I go.

BR: Shreddies (15g) & All Bran (15g), skimmed milk (75g). Banana (50g)
MS: Nectarine (80g) , Pear (100g)
LU: Prawn Salad (70g prawns, 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber, 20g salad cream (I like it))
AS: 2 Rice cakes with butter. 1 ISO protein drink
TE: Baked Potato (150g) with butter and grated cheese
ES: Raspberries (100g). One Rice cake and butter.
NI: Strawberries (150g). Salted peanutes (15g)
Across the day: 2 cups of tea. 2 cups of coffee, 2 glasses of water

All in

Calories 1170
Carbs 122.9g
Protein 63.3g
Fibre 24.8g
All Fats 49.2g
Sat Fats 16.5g
Salt 3.6g
Cholesterol 122.5mg

BG morning 5.1
BG evening 5.5

It is a new diet (new weight goal) aiming to lose just a tad more weight to push me into the lower middle BMI range. It is working as My weight is slightly down today. All coupled with increased daily exercise.

I also now know how many calories I need to eat to maintain my weight ( or increase it if needed)

Todays food is even more fun but about the same cals however, carbs are down to 83g

Ok here goes. I don't normally post on this thread for fear of looking foolish. After all I am no expert and I am learning as I go.

BR: Shreddies (15g) & All Bran (15g), skimmed milk (75g). Banana (50g)
MS: Nectarine (80g) , Pear (100g)
LU: Prawn Salad (70g prawns, 100g lettuce, 100g cucumber, 20g salad cream (I like it))
AS: 2 Rice cakes with butter. 1 ISO protein drink
TE: Baked Potato (150g) with butter and grated cheese
ES: Raspberries (100g). One Rice cake and butter.
NI: Strawberries (150g). Salted peanutes (15g)
Across the day: 2 cups of tea. 2 cups of coffee, 2 glasses of water

All in

Calories 1170
Carbs 122.9g
Protein 63.3g
Fibre 24.8g
All Fats 49.2g
Sat Fats 16.5g
Salt 3.6g
Cholesterol 122.5mg

BG morning 5.1
BG evening 5.5

It is a new diet (new weight goal) aiming to lose just a tad more weight to push me into the lower middle BMI range. It is working as My weight is slightly down today. All coupled with increased daily exercise.

I also now know how many calories I need to eat to maintain my weight ( or increase it if needed)

Todays food is even more fun but about the same cals however, carbs are down to 83g
It just goes to show how first impressions are wrong. looking at all that food you had I immediately thought 'what a lot of carbs' but no, a lot less than I imagined. Especially with all the fruit and the potato.

Yup, that's why I get my app to do all the hard work of calculating it all. I hope I got the calculations right though.

BR carbs 27.1g
MS carbs 18.9g
LU carbs 10.5g
AS carbs 4.1g
TE carbs 25.5g
ES carbs 13.9g
NI carbs 16.9
Drinks carbs 6g

It was a high total of 122.9g carbs. More than I normally have. I try to keep to below 100g a day.
So today will be much better at 83g.

Without the App I would be struggling.

Friday 4/6/2021 - so far
Breakfast

2 rounds of toast - hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
Lunch
tinned salmon sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
tesco cheese & onion crisps 25g bag - 14g of carbs
morrisons custard doughnut - 34g of carbs

Friday 4/6/2021 - so far
Breakfast

2 rounds of toast - hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
Lunch
tinned salmon sandwich on 2 rounds of hovis med white sliced - 36g of carbs
tesco cheese & onion crisps 25g bag - 14g of carbs
morrisons custard doughnut - 34g of carbs
I know you are Type 1 and take insulin for your carb intake but you do not seem to be having very much protein or vegetables in the meals you have posted.

I know you are Type 1 and take insulin for your carb intake but you do not seem to be having very much protein or vegetables in the meals you have posted.
I love peas and carrots for vegetables then I have plenty of meat for protein usually at teatime - breakfast for me is toast because I'm a toast girl, lunch is a sandwich, cup a soup, crisps, biscuit, tea is a cooked tea with meat or fish.
I've never been a healthy eater.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back