zero hours contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they can Donald, I know someone who has one but it seems to work ok for them.
No guarantee of set hours and not ideal but it was the best they could get at the time and being what they call "Bank Staff" they get WTD paid each month whether they take holiday or not so they are happy.

Last edited:
I was on a zero hours contract when I was a student (9 years ago) so it's certainly not a new thing. No guaranteed hours (but there were always plenty going) and I could pick and chose when I wanted to work too

Thanks Sazzaroo Aoife never heard of it before but I'm a bit wary of it. Now I know a few people who said they work (casual as and when required) that could be the same thing

Sadly it has become very common over the last ten years or so, better than nothing but with no long term security at all. Shouldn't be allowed.

We put some staff on zero hours contracts when they leave and take knowldege with them - just in case we need them back to do more of a hand over thats not possible in notice period.
It works well. they get a few more pennies and history gets handed down which would have been lost otherwise. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back