Zenb Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All, has anybody tried this pasta which is made with ‘yellow peas’?
I always have problems with pasta and it’s slow release which always gives me a high reading in the morning. Hope somebody has heard of it
Many thanks.

I don't know about yellow pea pasta, it is certainly lower carb than normal pasta but I use edamame bean or black bean pasta which is low carb 15g carb per 100g dry weight pasta. I find a 25g dry weigh portion ample.

I’m not sure if it’s a new pasta? But thank you very much and will certainly look up the two pasta’s you use.

I’m not sure if it’s a new pasta? But thank you very much and will certainly look up the two pasta’s you use.
I have just looked up the yellow pea pasta and it has 51g carb per100g so actually quite high, and probably little better than normal pasta.
If you want to find the carbohydrate content of any foods then look in the nutritional information sometimes a bit hidden but usually there. or Google food X and total carbohydrate as that is the important thing.

Hi sorry to be a pain but could you to let me know where you buy the edamame bean pasta. I have look around and the only place I can find it is on Amazon and I don’t really want to buy 6 boxes just in case I don’t like it. With many thanks,

Hi sorry to be a pain but could you to let me know where you buy the edamame bean pasta. I have look around and the only place I can find it is on Amazon and I don’t really want to buy 6 boxes just in case I don’t like it. With many thanks,
There are a few on Amazon that you only need to buy 1 packet, this is one Explore Asian Organic Edamame Spaghetti, 200 g
Brand: EXPLORE CUISINE

Funnily enough just seen some edame bean pasta in Asda today

Hi thank you. I have just been on Asda website to have a look and the price is £2 which is a lot cheaper than I have bought from Amazon. Will definitely use Asda in future. Many thanks again.

I don't know about yellow pea pasta, it is certainly lower carb than normal pasta but I use edamame bean or black bean pasta which is low carb 15g carb per 100g dry weight pasta. I find a 25g dry weigh portion ample.
I use Zenb pasta. It is not so carb friendly as Ednamame
I use Zenb pasta. It is not as carb friendly as Edamame pasta but, in my opinion, it is far closer to the taste and texture of regular wheat pasta. I split a box ( 340 gms ) into 6 portions (30 carbs) of around 110 gms cooked weight. I cook it till quite al dente then, when cool, freeze the portions. When required, I re-boil the portion for a few minutes. I find this very BG friendly, a satisfying portion size and a tasty alternative to wheat pasta. It works out at 50p per portion but, as we all know, these ‘friendlier’ foods don’t come cheap.

Hi thank you for the information and it was quiet interesting to notice that you freeze into portions. I will certainly try this. Many thanks again as it’s great to hear other peoples views and I see you have some really good HbA1c results so well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back