Ypso pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

extech

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm waiting to start with Ypso pump closed loop with libre 3. Reading comments on system don't seem too positive. First time with a pump, any information would be appreciated.

I suspect that they will start you off without the closed loop in action, so that you are prepared for any times when you have to switch back to manual. It is good to get to know your way round the pump and the facilities available, and will help you to understand what the closed loop is doing for you.

For the closed loop with the Ypsomed it uses the CamAPS. I have not used that system, but I am a great fan of closed loop, so I hope that your system works well for you. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you
At moment waiting for meeting with rep, dn just trained, I will be her first patient. Pump won't be available until October. Feeling perhaps should have chosen Omniod and Dexcom, as already using Libre 3 decided Ypso.

Thank you
At moment waiting for meeting with rep, dn just trained, I will be her first patient. Pump won't be available until October. Feeling perhaps should have chosen Omniod and Dexcom, as already using Libre 3 decided Ypso.
It is your first pump. It will definitely be more flexible than MDI.

I was the first for our DSN using loop with Medtronic 780 and we learnt together. I was keen to throw mine out the window the first couple of weeks as it was such a big change, but would not want to be without it now. Take things step by step And ask lots and lots of questions.

Thank you, DSN said we'll learn together. I'm sure there will be pros and cons with a choices.

Hi. I loop using camAPS+dexcom6+Dana, so a bit of a different set up to you, but in terms of camAPS I am a huge fan. It’s my first pump/loop and I moved to full hcl after a couple of days of manual pump use.

my advice:

give it at least three weeks while it is ‘learning’. It is a bit different to more traditional systems, there is no moving between basal rates for example, so you have to let it do its thing.

Be aware camAPS can be sluggish in correcting persistent hovering around a slightly high reading eg 10. Do not be tempted to rage bolus as you/the loop will almost certainly over correct. My usual solution is some movement like a quick walk will shift the stubborn high much better.

there is a camAPS Facebook group (camAPS users)which supports both Ypso and Dana, and you might find it helpful to join.

Good luck ( I think you’ll love it)

I'm waiting to start with Ypso pump closed loop with libre 3. Reading comments on system don't seem too positive. First time with a pump, any information would be appreciated.
Hi extech i have been on the ypsomed pump for 14 months now and am not on the loop yet waiting to be offered it in france,i would strongly advise you get used to the ypsomed pump for at least a month before looping as the pump is quite different to other pumps good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back