Your Opinion on Stem Cell Treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liliana

Hello,
We are a group of Medical Students at Imperial College, London. We are conducting a research project regarding stem cells and their use in treating a number of medical conditions abroad (including Diabetes). A large number of patients from the UK travel abroad for stem cell therapies every year, as these have not yet been approved in the UK. We would like to hear your opinions about 'Stem Cell tourism'.
Our aim is to look into how informed patients are about these overseas treatments with a view to compiling a patient education leaflet that can give patients more information about how to make decisions regarding going abroad for treatment, what the associated risks are, and how to ensure that they are making the best decision.
We would be most appreciative if you could fill in the below survey.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5WH2V5P
If you have any problems with the survey website, please email wkl06@imperial.ac.uk.
Thank You.

Just done it.

just done..

did the survey.... I just wondered though how does the stem cell research/ treatment affect diabetes?

i guess that would be ok if it worked but it wouldnt stop the complications of having had diabetes, seems pointless for someone like me having diabetes for so long....🙄
i am not really bothered about the treatment of it to be honest it is the long term that bothers me about diabetes..

Hi Liliana,

Thanks for the questionnaire, quite a well thought through one out of the ones that I have done. I'll be interested to see the outcomes of this.

Tom

I've completed the questionnaire too.

Thank you all for your help!
We are still in the process of collecting responses.
Once we finished our work, we would let you know the results! 🙂

i guess that would be ok if it worked but it wouldnt stop the complications of having had diabetes, seems pointless for someone like me having diabetes for so long....🙄
i am not really bothered about the treatment of it to be honest it is the long term that bothers me about diabetes..

...I agree.....

Done the survey though.. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back