You know it's the end of Summer heat wave ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
... when dying diseased infectious fruit bats start falling out of the sky ...

1710406257990.jpeg

Only place I've ever seen fruit bats AFAIK was in the Maldives and we were gobsmacked how large they were - wouldn't want one of em falling on top of me, thanks very much.

By an extraordinary coincidence fruitbats in Adelaide featured in a programme this afternoon on BBC2 about animals living in cities.

Yikes!

By an extraordinary coincidence fruitbats in Adelaide featured in a programme this afternoon on BBC2 about animals living in cities.
I’ve seen stuff on foxes. Also seagulls way inland. & bush babies setting up camp in a garden centre? (Clever filming on the bush baby one.)
There will be “opportunists” where the “fast food” is.

I didn't see all that prog but did catch the long eared owls living in the town in Serbia after virtually every tree in the country was felled - literally for fuel. It literally is a whole parliament of them - the largest group of owls living in one place, in the world. 750 of them.

I didn't see all that prog but did catch the long eared owls living in the town in Serbia after virtually every tree in the country was felled - literally for fuel. It literally is a whole parliament of them - the largest group of owls living in one place, in the world. 750 of them.

Love owls my favourite bird, something fascinating about them could watch them all day long.

Years ago, I spent some time in a deli prepping food. One morning I glanced down & saw a mouse scurrying round the fridge. Basically there was a batch of old cottages just up the road. The recent building work involved keeping the fronts on these houses & demolishing then redeveloping the rear of the premisses, keeping the aesthetic's of the street.
These mice had been displaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back