"You can ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph-YK

Much missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Conversation with my mum. After some other stupid things, got onto getting shopping in.
Mum: "Breakfast ceriel."
Me: "I'm diabetic I can't have them!"
Mum: "You can have corn flakes ..."
$@£%&$$*^(!&

Told her my defib had gone off. A minute later she asked if the electronic thing in my shoulder had gone off.

Then, on the phone with my sister (don't know how, phones don't connect to network here) she said it was me tormenting her!!!!

Last edited:
Conversation with my mum. After some other stupid things, got onto getting shopping in.
Mum: "Breakfast ceriel."
Me: "I'm diabetic I can't have them!"
Mum: "You can have corn flakes ..."
$@£%&$$*^(!&

Told her my defib had gone off. A minute later she asked if the electronic thing in my shoulder had gone off.

Then, on the phone with my sister (don't know how, phones don't connect to network here) she said it was me tormenting her!!!!
Hi,
Friends and relatives may mean well, but they have all been indoctrinated about 'healthy carbs'. It takes months or even years to get them re-trained - LOL !

Xmas Episode of the Royle family (the one where the girlfriend's dad had bought her mother breast implants for Xmas) where the conversation had gone on about what g/f could eat for the tea Barbara was preparing as she was vegetarian ……. grandma has a lightbulb moment and asks 'Could she eat wafer thin ham, Barbara?'

grandma has a lightbulb moment and asks 'Could she eat wafer thin ham, Barbara?
My wife's Scouse aunty asked that of me, not that long ago! Not so good considering I had told her dozens of times, I don't eat meat any more! :D

I actually think it's a reasonable question about WT ham to both vegetarians concerned - and speaks volumes for the quality of the product really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back