yo yoing

Status
Not open for further replies.

amax

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hi i no we all have highs and lows but over the last 3 to 4 weeks my bloods are mega high up to 26 and then i correct them and then hypo..thing i find is certain food still going threw my system 5 hours after ive eaten it...does anyone else have same problem

all the time, and it annoys the heck out of me

it may be that the food you're eating is high GI. Nursey tried to explain it to me over the phone yesterday, something about it breaking down faster...or slower or something

Hi Anne-Marie, I moved your post to the General Messageboard so more people would see it.

I don't have this problem, but I know it seems to be quite common, particularly in younger people (I'm 51 so most of you are younger than me!). I think that the problem can be that you get a high then overcorrect so you end up dropping too low, then you might over -treat the low - a real rollercoaster that it can be difficult to escape from. It might be worth having some very boring, simple meals for a few days to see if you can get your levels to settle.

thanx

thanks northerner i still not sure how to work this yet...yeah your right with the over reacting to hypos..lol insulin seams to work realy slow with me i read on here someone said they took it 15 mins before food so im trying that and today have had realy good readings..but last night i was 25.2..im doing some research into the pump as i think poss a constant flow of insulin would be best for me

Have you got a correction factor worked out? It might be that you are giving too much to bring you down which sends you crashing. Or you could be correcting too soon.

Some foods particulary high fat foods will digest more slowly and cause your blood sugar to rise over a period of hours which can show a spike several hours after eating. So that is why you are expereincing that on occasion.

It is a roller coaster for many people. I don't think this cold snap has helped. I'm type 2 and haven't been far in the cold. Some of it also depends on your activiy levels too. No one wants to go far when it is as cold as it has been this week...

I hope you find something helps and you get it sorted.

yes i think that is the case i now no with pitzas i inject at begining in middle and always after a few hours....such a pain i jus have a few good days then it all goes horribly wrong but i no im not alone

Hi amax - I used to have this problem all the time, I have sorted it out a bit now, by trying to eat lowish GI foods, and making sure I have my insulin before eating. This has helped to even out my levels a bit. It is so difficult not to over react to high levels and end up sending yourself low. Have you been on a carb counting course at all?

hi rach..yes i have done the dafne course 18 months ago and have a meeting next month....tryed increasing levimir then hypos galour think im mega sensitive sometimes to insulin and other times doesnt seam to work...i think i realy fancy the pump but still looking into it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back