Yikes Librelink chewing through my mobile data allowance

Status
Not open for further replies.

sololite

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi All,

I have Libre and normally at home where there is wifi. I am away for a few days and can see that Librelink is chewing through my mobile data allowance at an alarming rate (2gb in 3 days). I don't think I've seen this behaviour before, is there any setting I should be checking to stop this please?

Regards,

Chris

Hi All,

I have Libre and normally at home where there is wifi. I am away for a few days and can see that Librelink is chewing through my mobile data allowance at an alarming rate (2gb in 3 days). I don't think I've seen this behaviour before, is there any setting I should be checking to stop this please?

Regards,

Chris
Librelink should be going via Bluetooth, not wifi - have you turned on bluetooth and paired it with the sensor ?

Thanks for responding. Yup Bluetooth is on. I never have to do any pairing, it just all works when I put a new sensor on. Its been like this for many years.

Daft question - are you sure it is librelink that is using up the data ? Also - does it still link when your phone is in flight mode ?

In the settings you can turn off whether it has access to mobile data. In my iPhone it’s settings, libre link, mobile data.

Also on my iPhone to check how much data each app is using (libre is way low down on the list) I go to settings, mobile service, then scroll down to mobile data and it lists how much each app used

Switch mobile data off for libre and call Abbott next week?

In the settings you can turn off whether it has access to mobile data. In my iPhone it’s settings, libre link, mobile data.
Hi Lucy, thanks for taking an interest. I am on Android so slightly different to you. I think i will delete the app and reinstall in the spirit of 'switch it off and on again'

That has confused me - also just checked my own to find a very small amount of usage but it should all be on bluetooth. Is it worth checking the Libre Forum on Facebook ?

That has confused me - also just checked my own to find a very small amount of usage but it should all be on bluetooth. Is it worth checking the Libre Forum on Facebook ?
It uploads to libreview constantly so will use mobile data but should be small

Hi Lucy, thanks for taking an interest. I am on Android so slightly different to you. I think i will delete the app and reinstall in the spirit of 'switch it off and on again'
Be aware that by doing that you’ll likely lose all your data in the app but it’s probably what abbot will tell you to do after they tell you to turn your phone off and on again

Just another thought..it might be uploading to Libre View but it shouldn't be taking that much data. Had a look at the Abbott faq's but nothing there on this other than it needs mobile data just for initial set up.

I don't have data enabled on my phone and Libre still works. Libre does take the battery down and I have to charge every night but doesn't seem to need to use any data. I guess it connects to Libreview via my home wifi to upload data.

I don't have data enabled on my phone and Libre still works. Libre does take the battery down and I have to charge every night but doesn't seem to need to use any data. I guess it connects to Libreview via my home wifi to upload data.
Thanks for the info Barbara. I deleted the app and reinstalled. Usage has returned to minimal overnight and today so maybe it was just having a wobble. Thanks to everyone who responded, I hope you are having a great weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back