Yet another whinge

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
[whinge]I seem to do nothing else lately. I've been having a good few hypos at night, though not under the mid 2s and more usually in the 3s then going into the teens during the day. My real problem though occurred on Friday when my red blood cell count fell through the floor, along with my blood pressure and I passed out in the garden. Luckily a neighbour saw me and phoned the ambulance. I spent most of the weekend in hopsital with a drip feeding me iron (I guess the diet Bru isn't working!) and extract of Chinese Hamster which is meant to help me absorb the iron. I'm still very shaky and have a new finger pricker to add to my collection, this one to give me some idea of my RBCs. I'm watching one hoping the numbers will fall and the other hoping the numbers will rise. When they pass each other around 7.5 I'll do a Highland Fling! In the meantime I have a liquid iron supplement (MEGA YEUCH!!!) to add to my collection of meds along with something to unbung the plumbing and four more reminders on my moby telling what pill to take when. I really struggled through work yesterday not wanting to be signed off again, but I do feel a little stronger today.

Not a happy bunny. [/whinge]

Hi Alison, I hope you feel better soon. You are getting treatment and doing all the right things, so with luck you'll be as right as rain before long.

Hi Alison,

sorry to here of your spell in Raigmore hopefully you'll get back to some norm soon only complaint I have at the moment is bad cold and cough which is making my ribs sore do you think this alters your BG?

Lanzlady

Unlucky. Just take one step at a time and you'll slowly be out of it.

Hope things get better quickly.

Oh Alison you have been having a rough time haven't you? Hope you start to feel much better really soon (you deserve to have a whinge!) take care best wishes Sheena🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back