yet another out of the blue stupid hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I woke up this morning to a high of 13.3 which really irritated me as I'd gone to bed on 7.something. Obviously I have fallen foul of the dreaded dawn phenomenon here. So had a couple extra units of insulin with breakfast. Checked afterwards at the 2 hour mark and down to 11. Ok so its going in the right direction. Lunch was fine again, at 5.something there. But this afternoon at work I started going a bit funny. Nothing bad, like 3.8's and whatnot. But it wouldn't shift. Managed to get through almost half a pack of glucotabs and it had still only gone up to 4.something.

Anyway, finish at half 5 as usual and walk home in the rain on sugars of 7 or so. Feeling completely fine. I get home and next thing I know I'm in my bedroom and my oh is trying to force me to drink some OJ as my sugars had dropped to 2.4. I barely remember any of this which is very very bizaare as usually I'm still walking around on these levels, but apparently my behaviour had become really eratic and I was just being a nasty nasty person, unable to stop crying and refusing to eat anything. I don't get this one, just totally out of the blue. No major uppages in the novorapid today. I had been running about at work though, unloading boxes and then having a bit of a giggle as I do on a thursday with the other girl there. But where on earth did this one come from?! And why did I not feel it? The past few weeks I'd been noticing lows a lot more.

Now though, I can't seem to get down below 12. Something is going seriously screwy with my body and insulin levels at the moment. I don't get it, and I don't like it. 😡

Sorry to hear that Sam, not sure what to say, hopefully you'll move into your new flat and get a crack team (DSN) on the case and sort you right out.

PS I haven't had a chance to read your work yet, have actually been busy at work!

Sorry to hear that Sam, not sure what to say, hopefully you'll move into your new flat and get a crack team (DSN) on the case and sort you right out.

PS I haven't had a chance to read your work yet, have actually been busy at work!

tell you what, they'd b***** well better sort me out because I'm really fed up of doing it on my own. Checked again just now and still up at 12.4 and starting to get really really hacked off because its not coming down. I'm thinking of readjusting my doses to compensate for these stupid highs but then I'm afraid of lows. I just cannot win. As soon as we've sorted a place (fingers crossed tomorrow) I'll get straight onto sorting out a transfer to Southampton hospital (the good one...which I cant remember)

hehe, no worries. Take your time with it 🙂

Hows your basal dose? If DP varies with you it must be hard to get that right, but everyone says to get that right first and it makes life as we know it a lot easier!!??

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then!

Hows your basal dose? If DP varies with you it must be hard to get that right, but everyone says to get that right first and it makes life as we know it a lot easier!!??

Fingers crossed for tomorrow then!

nurse told me to drop it to 14 when i was having the major lows and since then I've been having these random highs. Tried upping it to 16, still random highs. So I think I might try putting it back to 18 tonight. Just need to make sure my bloods come down a bit fisrt 😡

yeah, its quite an exciting prospect. I really really hope we take this place because to be honest, we're not going to find anywhere cheaper or that doesn't charge through the roof admin fees!

Sorry to hear you are still having a bit of a time with it.
Do you have a pen that does 1 unit increments? I have found at times that 2 unit changes are too much and 1 unit is enough. It seems that the hypo's were combination of too high a bolus dose at lunch and the activity at work and walking home.

I wonder if your clinic has a CGMS that you can use to give you a fuller picture of what is going on? I know I found it helpful and interesting when I used one before and got to see all the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back