Yet another mess with appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndasw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have had that many problems with lost test results and appointments, everything is out of sync and I seem to be constantly visiting nurse, doc, trying to tie it all in and I thought I had it all sorted with my second DSN appointment booked on Thursday.
But then they wrote to me and have postponed in until next week. And I was completely floored when they said I didnt need Hba1C tested as it had been done at the beginning of the month by mistake :eek :confused: Ended up making an appointment then to see a nurse yesterday to get my BP checked as that couldnt wait until next week. That was far too high and the tablets have made no difference, so have to see the doc tomorrow. Today I had the blood tests done ready for DSN next week. Anyway nurse checking my BP told me in the space of four weeks my Hba1C has gone from 8.1 to 7 🙂 was quite chuffed with this result. So see what doc says tomorrow about BP and tablets and then next week the decision on whether she is going to put me on to metformin.

Hi Lynda, it can get rather confusing, especially when they start changing the appointments and getting tests all mixed up! I hard barely any contact with medical profession before diagnosis, now it's like I'm never away from one or the other of them! I just got two letters yesterday - one for a podiatry appointment on Thursday, and another changing my clinic appointment in OCTOBER by one day!

Good news about your HbA1c - maybe the doc will think you are moving in the right direction and leave out the metformin for a little while longer.

My BP is too high so they've increased my dose quite a bit. What are they giving you? I was on ramipril originally but that made me ill, now I'm on candesartan. Best wishes for tomorrow 🙂

Hi Lynda, it can get rather confusing, especially when they start changing the appointments and getting tests all mixed up! I hard barely any contact with medical profession before diagnosis, now it's like I'm never away from one or the other of them! I just got two letters yesterday - one for a podiatry appointment on Thursday, and another changing my clinic appointment in OCTOBER by one day!

Good news about your HbA1c - maybe the doc will think you are moving in the right direction and leave out the metformin for a little while longer.

My BP is too high so they've increased my dose quite a bit. What are they giving you? I was on ramipril originally but that made me ill, now I'm on candesartan. Best wishes for tomorrow 🙂

I am on Ramipril too, but a very low dose - obviously need more! Was a bit alarmed because I go on holiday in ten days time and the nurse said I need to up the dose before then as I will no doubt have side effects this time and they will need to keep an eye on me for the first few days.

I am on Ramipril too, but a very low dose - obviously need more! Was a bit alarmed because I go on holiday in ten days time and the nurse said I need to up the dose before then as I will no doubt have side effects this time and they will need to keep an eye on me for the first few days.

My problems came when I had to increase the dose of ramipril, although I also had had problems on the smaller dose, so do quiz the doc about this and see if they suggest an alternative. I have had no problems with the candesartan.

My hospital are always cancelling my appointments and moving them by a couple of months so I know what a pain it is. Well done on the Hba1c reduction in such little time you've done so well. I hope your appointment today went well. Also have a lovely holiday 🙂 where are you going? x

So been to the docs. Bp was as high as ever so she has doubled the dose of Ramipril. Latest cholesterol results really down - she was actually quite impressed as she was of the opinion that you couldn't bring it down more than 10% through diet but I had! However levels still too high for a diabetic so I have pills for that too. She looked at my Hba1c and said the 7 was okay as the test was done beginning of April and I might be lower than that now, so she was happy to leave it until after my holiday before making a decision on medication. AND for once Doc was really very pleasant 🙂
Emma -hol is Norway (looking very cold at the moment 😱) 8 days to go yay:D

Sounds like it went well - shame about the BP, hope the ramipril does the trick 🙂 Norway is fabulous, particularly at this time of year! I am so jealous! Hope the good news you got today has made you more confident about being able to enjoy the holiday and that the ramipril doesn't give you any side effects.🙂

well done on the hbA1c thats a good direction to go ...and have a lovely time in Norway x

Sound's like it went quite well overall 😉 it's always nicer when your doctor is pleasant to you and doesn't talk to you like a 5 year old.

I'm very jealous, I hope you have a lovely time x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back