• Community Members: Please be respectful of other peoples' opinions about diabetes. Everyone manages their health differently. Please be mindful of this.

Yellow Pea Pasta

MrP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anybody know if Yellow Pea Pasta is OK to use, it still has a high carb content. In the UK a company called Zenb make it and the only ingredient is Yellow Peas.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It might be - but for me, with my ability to extract more carbs from the legumes than most folk, they would be something to avoid.
If you have a blood glucose monitor and a set of scales, you can soon test and discover how you react to any food.

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've seen this Zenb pasta advertised , i did wonder if the high fibre in it , might help slow down the the carb hit a bit, but i have found explore cuisine pasta very good , best low carb pasta i have found so far, it was recommended on here by another forum user and its only 11.3 carbs for 100g of the fettuccine one, aslo high in fibre.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've seen this Zenb pasta advertised , i did wonder if the high fibre in it , might help slow down the the carb hit a bit, but i have found explore cuisine pasta very good , best low carb pasta i have found so far, it was recommended on here by another forum user and its only 11.3 carbs for 100g of the fettuccine one, aslo high in fibre.
I choose the edamame bean and black bean spaghetti as they seemed lowest. The ones made from lentils seem quite a bit higher but not as high as normal pasta.