XYLA HEALTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BingC

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi folks. My GP practice has suggested l attend a Diabetes Prevention Programme being run by Xyla Health &Wellbeing has anyone attended and if so was it beneficial?

Hi folks. My GP practice has suggested l attend a Diabetes Prevention Programme being run by Xyla Health &Wellbeing has anyone attended and if so was it beneficial?
Each area seems to subscribe to different prevention programs and some people find them useful if they go with an open mind and remember they are based on the standard NHS recommendations for reducing and managing blood glucose levels which for some may be too high carb. It also depends on your own level of knowledge as it can be quite basic. I did a DESMOND course and some people were old hats and a few not even the basics of knowing what a carbohydrate was so never returned for the second session.
If face to face it gives opportunity to meet others in the same or similar situation which can be helpful.

Anything aimed at preventing diabetes sounds worthwhile to me. Try it and see what the results say.

You've nothing to lose and much to gain, go for it it's free and like the DESMOND course I attended just about a year ago now when I was first diagnosed, I picked up a lot of information that has proved very useful since.

Anything that's offered to help me understand my condition better has got to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back