Xpert diabetes course - a very positive experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdeleTurner72

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've just completed the 6 week Xpert diabetes course for type 2 diabetes. I've read a few mixed reports on here about the advice given on this type of education program, so I wanted to share how brilliant I've found this particular course to be.

The facilitator was lovely and the course was well structured and informative.

I met some lovely people, had a laugh and shared experiences too.

The program was very much in line with everything we discuss on here about managing our diabetes. The take home message was definitely CUT THE CARBS!

I've just completed the 6 week Xpert diabetes course for type 2 diabetes. I've read a few mixed reports on here about the advice given on this type of education program, so I wanted to share how brilliant I've found this particular course to be.

The facilitator was lovely and the course was well structured and informative.

I met some lovely people, had a laugh and shared experiences too.

The program was very much in line with everything we discuss on here about managing our diabetes. The take home message was definitely CUT THE CARBS!
The Xpert course is vastly different from the DESMOND course many T2's have been on Adele (myself included)...I have heard good reports on it before...you were fortunate you got the XPERT course...good to hear it was a positive experience for you

Thanks for the report @AdeleTurner72 - great to hear that you had such a positive experience 🙂

That is nice to hear. Came across a letter in the Saga mag this month where a lady who was diabetic was told by her Diabetic Nurse to cut down on bread, potatoes, pasta and rice. All this about carbs could be catching on hopefully!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back