Xpert course week three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Because of the Bank Holiday last Monday, we had the third week of the xpert course this week.

We seem to be covering quite a lot as the first half of the session was talking about carbs and loosely covered carb counting. It gave lots of general pointers, and mainly reminders about things I already know. We were showed portions of cereals and had portion sizes of different things explained.

The second half of the session was looking at food labels and the things to look out for when shopping. We didn't go round a supermmarket as two of the ladies have heart problems and the course tutors though it better to be sat in the classroom and not wander round the supermarket. We had all been asked to take in food labels and the course tutors also had loads of stuff for us to look at too.

3rd and 5th session were the most useful i thought, but thats me personally, whats next weeks session about Caroline?

Next weeks session looks at complications and medications and is listed in the book as week 5. We did weeks 3 & 4 according to the book this week. Each bit of the session lasted about the right ammount of time.

One thing to be aware of with fruit is the labels can be a little deceptive. I had tangerines once the info said that 1 portion was 2 tangerines and gave the amount of carbs per portion. The problem was that the weight of each tangerine was equivalent to what it claimed the combined weight of 2 should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back