xpert course last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caroline Wilson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well I have completed my xpert course.

We had a review of everything we have learned in the previous four weeks, a quiz and recipe of the week. It was very enjoyable and my team won the quiz ( stationary caddy with sticky tape, post it notes and various bits in it). The cakes were nice.

The course was quite helpful and I have the book to refer back to. The trainers said the course was being refined and it had already been cut from six weeks to five. The weeks talking about carbohydrates and looking at food labels have been combined.

Only four of us turned up, so we got through everything more quickly, and at the end of it, we got our certificates. If anyone else gets a chance to go on it, I'd suggest they went. we learn a lot of things, and it is useful to have a reminder from time to time.

May I be stupid and ask what a Xpert course is?

The Xpert course is a structured education programme for type 2s and covers a variety of things like what diabetes is; medication; diet; exercise; how to deal with hypers and hypos and how to read food labels.

Some places do it in six weeks, although it is being restructured and some areas are now doing it in 5.

if you think you'd like to do the course or just find out more go to www.xperthealth.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back