XDRIP & Vehicle Mode any HELP or INFO PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat.

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Could anyone tell me if it’s posable & if so HOW TO get xdrip to use my cars speakers to give me my sugar levels while Driving

I use xdrip with Dexcom G7, & I’m not very tech savvy

In xdrip settings on motion Tracking page I have

Enable Motion Tracking OFF

Enable Vehicle Mode ON

Detect car audio ON

Learn current car audio this is SET TO MY CAR

Raise ”Low” threshold ON

Speak Readings ON

Play sound ON

Repeat sound ON

But only get the Sugar Levels ON my Phone not the cars speakers (is this how it’s supposed to work) I’ve no idea who to ask.

If the phones in my pocket I can’t hear it & if I place it on the passenger seat I think the police will think I’m making a phone call & give me a ticket so I don’t use it.

is this how “Vehicle Mode” is supposed to work or can I get the cars speakers to work with xdrip.

Do I have to change turn on any other settings. I would be grateful for any help please

I always found the best source of support for xDrip was their facebook group which is hosted by some of the developers.
I no longer use it as I have a different CGM but if I remember correctly, you have to request to join the group but they admit you pretty quickly.

How do you connect the phone to the car, bluetooth, usb cable or do you use android auto or apple car play.

Bluetooth, the phone works well to make or get phone calls hands free

Go to bluetooth settings on your phone, tap on details then look for your vehicle, then tap on the cog on the right side ensure audio is switched on. This should route all audio through the bluetooth connection. If it still dosent work you may need to check the permission manager, these apps are designed to overide system settings but still they need you to allow permission.

Screenshot_20231102_154201_Photos.jpg

Depending on how old your car audio is it may not work as older systems were designed to only let calls through, it still should be possible using the AUX if you have that on the car radio.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231102_154201_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231102_154201_Photos.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you tried audio on but did not work I believe it’s as you say & my car although the hands free works perfect for phone calls is too old to get audio.

Again thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back