X-Pert course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yeh - my father has just been offered a place on the X-pert course, starting next week, along with a podietry and a retinopathy appointments.

I am so impressed, he was only diagosed 2 weeks ago.

He is struggling to cope with what and what not to eat, even though I am trying to point him in the right direction - so the X-pert course wlll be very welcome

Yeh!

That's excellent news Hazel, I'm sure it will be a very useful experience for him, and also to meet with other newly-diagnosed people to compare notes! 🙂

I hope your dad gets on well with his xpert course, and with his othe appointments. It is good he is getting lots of help from you and his medical team.

Excellent news so happy for your dad, he will love it as much as me x

I hope so to Steff

I did it almost 3 years ago - I am going as his 'minder', this time - but I am up for a refresher

Perhaps he will listen to them as he is not listening to me

He had a pensioners lunch today- double helpings of apple crumble and custard - aaghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh - my father has just been offered a place on the X-pert course, starting next week, along with a podietry and a retinopathy appointments.

I am so impressed, he was only diagosed 2 weeks ago.

He is struggling to cope with what and what not to eat, even though I am trying to point him in the right direction - so the X-pert course wlll be very welcome

Yeh!

its a shame they never do anything like that for newly diagnosed children to support the parents and psycological help we are always left to our own devices like if being a parents mean you know everything is your child so you have to cope with it lucky that we have the forum

Thats great news Hazel. I have never been offered the course think I will ask the nurse when I see her next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back