X Pert 6 week Diabetes Management Courses .....Worth It ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffyboyslim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been contacted by the local NHS and they have offered me a place on this course or a one day , all in one course

Can anyone who has attended these give me their opinions ?

I have been to a self management course on anxiety and to be honest it was heavy going and I really didn't gain a lot

Thanks

I really enjoyed the X-Pert course so would definitely say it’s worth it. The literature they send you alone is worth having before you even start with the dietitians, nurses etc.

Anything that could potentially benefit your diabetes management is worth it

Any course is worth it, the more you know the better you can manage you diabetes. The courses I have been on always included lots of freebie stuff by the big companies, although being type 2 your not so much of a cash cow for them.

I really enjoyed the X-Pert course so would definitely say it’s worth it. The literature they send you alone is worth having before you even start with the dietitians, nurses etc.

Thank you Deb I will confirm my place

Any course is worth it, the more you know the better you can manage you diabetes. The courses I have been on always included lots of freebie stuff by the big companies, although being type 2 your not so much of a cash cow for them.

My anxiety course was rubbish so in my opinion not worth it

Thinking about where you could get out and meet people, I came across an advert for Probus groups which appear to be UK wide with many groups and have talks, outings and all sorts of activities.
I mentioned it to someone and it appears they are a member and present talks to the group on all sorts of topics.

6 weeks , starts December 6th

Looking forward to it

Hope you find it helpful @Taffyboyslim

Many of these courses can be a bit of a mixed bag, and even if the content is good, quite a lot can come down to the facilitator/course leader.

But there’s usually at least a few good things that can be gleaned even from the courses that could do with an improvement - so go in there looking for those things and try to keep an open mind 🙂

Last edited:
I have been contacted by the local NHS and they have offered me a place on this course or a one day , all in one course

Can anyone who has attended these give me their opinions ?

I have been to a self management course on anxiety and to be honest it was heavy going and I really didn't gain a lot

Thanks
I attended one but left after the third session because the person running the course kept dismissing self-testing unless medication required it. Even when I said it had helped me bring my BG down into normal range and keep it there he was having none of it. I was wasting my money - the only people promoting it were companies selling testing kits, he said. Neither I nor a couple of other advocates on the course could get him to see it any differently. Seeing as my DN gave me my testing kit it seemed rather an oddly entrenched position.

Neither I nor a couple of other advocates on the course could get him to see it any differently. Seeing as my DN gave me my testing kit it seemed rather an oddly entrenched position.
:(

I attended one but left after the third session because the person running the course kept dismissing self-testing unless medication required it. Even when I said it had helped me bring my BG down into normal range and keep it there he was having none of it. I was wasting my money - the only people promoting it were companies selling testing kits, he said. Neither I nor a couple of other advocates on the course could get him to see it any differently. Seeing as my DN gave me my testing kit it seemed rather an oddly entrenched position.

Oh dear thats not good

Hearing the stories in here makes feel really lucky to live in Worcestershire. Roseanne and the team at County level are top notch, and Glennys at the gp surgery does a fantastic job too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back