www.diabetes.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

scootdevon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Its a good little website, that one.

I joined there forum the other week under the same name, but couldnt get into it though.

Its a good little website, that one.

I joined there forum the other week under the same name, but couldnt get into it though.
Thanx i wanted an answer about ketones etc so googled it and came across the site so i thought i'd join and see wot the chat is all about lol

Yeah, I really like the site and the info and I think a good handful of people use it as well as this forum but call me old school- I couldnt get used to something different looking! So I gave up after half an hour or so. However, Ive saved in my favourites and visit it every so often.

I cant imagine getting diabetes 20 years ago and not having the internet....we are so lucky.

Anyhoo....that wrist alert looks good. I considered something similar when it was on special if you subscribed to sweet magazine a few months ago. Particually good for places like the gym I recon. I prefer my more discreet jewllery alerts for every day, but Id consider something that looks like this for being out running or swimming etc...are you thinking of getting one?

I got my bracelet from: http://www.universalmedicalid.co.uk/ (website seems to be a bit broken tonight)
It comes with a lifetime access to your medical details (complete on-line details of medication etc) which is engraved with your number on the bracelet for paramedics to see and a free phone number for details. Mind you the bracelets and necklaces are a bit pricey.

The Alert ID service appears to be free for the first year and ?11.75 per year thereafter.

Where can you buy Diabetes SOS bracelets or the like?

This thread has reminded me actually about getting such things....i will try the website again tomorrow Vicsetter and have a ganders 😉

Sorry to butt into this thread but if anyone knows of any good places to get 'trendy' looking bracelets or the like re diabetes, then i would be very interested about such things.

I have not had one since i was a lass which had a conseteena'd(?) piece of paper that rolled up into what looked like a 50 pence piece and had a massive chain on the necklace that DJ Dizzee Rascall would pay good money for! Most unsightly in my opinion and not very ladylike...needless to say i no longer wear such things 😉

Thank you

Bernie xx

Glad you like it!

If you sift through, there is some very nice stuff there.

Yeah, I really like the site and the info and I think a good handful of people use it as well as this forum but call me old school- I couldnt get used to something different looking! So I gave up after half an hour or so. However, Ive saved in my favourites and visit it every so often.

I cant imagine getting diabetes 20 years ago and not having the internet....we are so lucky.

Anyhoo....that wrist alert looks good. I considered something similar when it was on special if you subscribed to sweet magazine a few months ago. Particually good for places like the gym I recon. I prefer my more discreet jewllery alerts for every day, but Id consider something that looks like this for being out running or swimming etc...are you thinking of getting one?
yeah i might get one....dunno yet???? yeah perish the thought of no net 20 years ago....it just takes time to navigate through the site......i signed into chat and no-one was in chat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back