Wrinkley Fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,

I have developed wrinkley fingers as though my hands have been in water for a long time. They are wrinkley like this all of the time.

I was wondering if it was anything to do with blood testing (4 times a day). As anyone else come across this or maybe heard of it.

Cheers!
Janet 😱

You are most likely dehydrated. An adult should drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day. If you feel thirsty, as a general rule you are about 10% dehydrated. Maybe it could be something to do with the thyroid as well.

Last edited:
You are most likely dehydrated. An adult should drink at least 2 litres of fluid a day. If you feel thirsty, as a general rule you are about 10% dehydrated.

Doubt it as I do drink quite a bit through the day of bottled water. Will increase my intake a little to see if it helps though.

Many Thanks
Janet

Hi again Steff,

What made you think it could be something to do with my Thyroyd? As I do have an underactive Thyroyd and take Thyroxin for this.

Janet :confused:

Hi again Steff,

What made you think it could be something to do with my Thyroyd? As I do have an underactive Thyroyd and take Thyroxin for this.

Janet :confused:

Sorry Janet I have no idea why i thought of thyroid hmm one of those mystery moments

Sorry.

I have heard that wrinkly fingers (and toes if you can see them) are a sign of dehydration too.

Hi Caroline,

Have started the extra water intake this morning. As for seeing my toes, have only one left to view Ha! Ha! but that is still smooth no wrinkles as yet.

Best!
Janet :D

Glad you are taking extra fluid, it is probably more important for us as diabetics as it helps cleanse the system, but everyone should drink plenty anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back