Wrexham GPs protest over patient safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Four Wrexham GPs have accused health officials of "a naked attempt at bullying and intimidation" after they raised concerns about patient safety.

One of them, Dr Edgar Coward, says they face a ?60,000 a year penalty after closing one of their surgeries because they could not cope with the workload.

They have written to Health Minister Lesley Griffiths.

But Betsi Cadwaladr health board said a plan to reopen the surgery was not met. The Welsh government would not comment.

Dr Coward, (above left) the senior partner at the Gardden Road practice, based at Rhosllanerchrugog near Wrexham, said the GPs were at breaking point over their patient workload.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-21449233

Woudn't you have liked to have withnessed th emeeting where they 'agreed remedial actions'?

I've had meetings like that at work meself.

Consisting of Boss person telling me I had to do something and me saying I couldn't possibly in that timeframe, and her saying I had to; then me asking which of my other million jobs she'd like me to leave to do this other thing and her telling me that wasn't acceptable.

And then the disciplinary meeting.

Followed by other such pleasant exchanges followe dby me having a nervous breakdown.

Good for you Doctor Coward - you certainly don't live up to your name do you, and please could you be my GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back