WOW!!! What a result

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorsetlad

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just been to see nurse for my HbA1c results, and am totally gobsmacked.

Liver/Kidney/Urine tests all OK.

Total Cholesterol 3
Ratio C/HDL 2.2
HDL 1.36
LDL 1.1

And most surprisingly

HbA1c 6.5 !!!!!

And to think, after my GTT in mid June, it was over 17, and I was expecting that it might possibly come down to about 10. Maybe it was caught very early.

Understandably, I am over the moon, and go on holiday tomorrow a very happy bunny:D

Brian

Thats the numbers you want to see......................go and enjoy yourself..........you deserve it.......:D

Well done - enjoy your holiday - I'm sure you deserve it for working so hard!

well done brian, thats great results.
enjoy your holiday 🙂

Wow Brain thats is a superb set of results, well done and a great surprise before you head on your holidays x

Terrific result Brian! Well done on all counts! 🙂

I think you may be confusing the result of your GTT with the HbA1c test though - the GTT result would have been a single reading, taken after consuming a high glucose drink - a value above 11 is a criterion for diagnosis. However, your HbA1c at the time, had it been taken, would have been much lower as it takes into account your average reading over the previous 6-12 weeks. As you may imagine, you wouldn't have been at 17 for 12 weeks unless you constantly topped yourself up with high glucose drinks! 😱

That doesn't take anything away from your achievement though - it is still a terrific result, and certainly what most people would hope to be at!

If you've read the recent thread about rapid falls in HbA1c, you can probably see that a drop from 17 to 6.5 would have probably had a pretty unwelcome effect on you!

p.s. Have a fantastic holiday! 🙂

Thanks all, much appreciated. Thanks for the point about the GTT Northerner, you're right, I didn't realise the difference. But I do now.🙂

It's all a relief really, as I just did not know what to expect. Please excuse me for being on cloud 9.🙄

Brian

The numbers are looking good, enjoy the cloud 9 feeling and being on holiday, you have earned it.

yahoooo another 6.5 twinnie ..popular number !!! hehee have a great holiday x:D

Well done Brian,

Now you can party away!!!
See you when you get back.

Hi Brian
It's a great result ! I'm drooling on your cholesterol readings as well!
***Have a nice holiday***
Kay🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back